Summary: This is the third sermon in a 5 part sermon series on the mission of our church.
The Redeeming River Church is a family of believers committed to preaching the cross with conviction, reaching the lost with compassion, and equipping the saints with the Word!
Three results of not understanding the Mission.
1. Plateaued Growth - growth seems to reach a certain level and then drop back down
2. Internal Conflict - constant infighting caused by an ignorance of what should be happening
3. Low Moral - leaders become discouraged when structure or bureaucracy stymies their vision for growth
1. Preaching - to make a public proclamation, to commission others
2. The Cross – man’s gateway to God through Jesus Christ
3. With Conviction - driven by strong belief
I. EVERYBODY HAS DIFFERENT QUALITIES
A. WE WILL HAVE WEAKNESSES
1. If someone in here made a mistake this week, I want you to give me an amen.
2. If someone put their foot in their mouth this week, can I get an amen
3. Do you wish you could do something over that you really did a whopper on this week?
4. Everyone of us makes mistakes
5. Saved people make mistakes
6, Sinners make mistakes
7. God is perfected in our lives through our mistakes
8. God can show His power through our weakness
9. 2 Corintians 12:8-9
8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
B. BULLETIN BLUNDERS
1. “bulletin bloopers” actual mistakes made in actual bulletins:
2. The outreach committee has enlisted 25 visitors to make calls on people who are not afflicted with any church.
3. Evening massage - 6 PM
4. Thursday night - Potluck supper. Prayer and medication to follow.
5. The third verse of Blessed Assurance will be sung without musical accomplishment.
6. The choir will meet at the Larsen house for fun and sinning.
7. Ushers will eat latecomers.
C. GOD CAN’T MAKE MISTAKES
19God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
2. Can God make a mistake? We can answer with a resounding...NO!
3. Did you choose where you were born?
4. Did you choose who your parents were?
5. Did you choose the values you were taught?
6. Did you choose where you lived?
7 Did you choose where you went to school?
8. There are things in your life you did not choose
9. Why beat yourself up and try to be someone else that God has not purposed you to be?
10. God allowed certain things to happen in your life so that you can be YOU!
11. Stop trying to compare your talents to someone elses
12. BE THE PERSON GOD HAS CALLED YOU TO BE!
13. You have a purpose and God has placed you now, “What are you going to do about it?”
14. James 1:2-4
2My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
3Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.