Summary: The Word of the LORD" is found 240 times in the Old Testament and 13 times in the New Testament. The title, "The Word of God" is found 3 times in the Old Testament and 44 times in the New Testament. The Bible is the "Word of God". That is why it needs to
Preaching the Word of God is preaching the Power of God!
2 Timothy 4:2-4 (KJV) 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
I. Preach the Word.
Be ready in season and out of season. We should try to convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and with our teaching of the Word of God.
A. The title, "The Word of the LORD" is found 240 times in the Old Testament and 13 times in the New Testament. The title, "The Word of God" is found 3 times in the Old Testament and 44 times in the New Testament. The Bible is the "Word of God". That is why it needs to be preached, taught, heard, and learned.
B. Everyone with not receive the Word. Romans 3:4 says Even when it is unpopular - "let God be true and all men liars"
C. Preaching includes teaching, proclaiming, studying, loving, and standing on the Word of God.
D. The Word is powerful. Hebrews 4:12 says, "For the Word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."
II. Psalms 119 - David proclaims the power of God's Word. David in this Psalm describes God's Word in 48 different ways. Here are few.
2. The Word of God is the source of cleansing Psalms 119:9 (KJV) Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
3. The Word is a ready counselor Psalms 119:24 (KJV) Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors.
4. It is the source of life Psalms 119:25 (KJV) My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word.
5. It is a tower of strength Psalms 119:28 (KJV) My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word.
6. The Word directs to the way of salvation Psalms 119:41 (KJV) Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word.
7. It give the source of hope Psalms 119:49 (KJV) Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope.
8. The Word is a source of comfort Psalms 119:52 (KJV) I remembered thy judgments of old, O LORD; and have comforted myself.
9. The Word is the foundation of good judgment and knowledge Psalms 119:66 (KJV) Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments., Psalms 119:130 (KJV) The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
10. It is a source of delight Psalms 119:92 (KJV) Unless thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction.
11. Having the Word of God is better than riches Psalms 119:72 (KJV) The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.
12. The Word of God gives us an eternal plan Psalms 119:89-91 (KJV) 89 For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. 90 Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth. 91 They continue this day according to thine ordinances: for all are thy servants.
13. The Word of God is sweeter than honey Psalms 119:103 (KJV) How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
14. It is a lamp to the feet Psalms 119:106 (KJV) I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgments.
15. The Word is a light to the pathway of life Psalms 119:105 (KJV) Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
16. The Word gives a source of joy if obeyed Psalms 119:111-112 (KJV) 111 Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart. 112 I have inclined mine heart to perform thy statutes alway, even unto the end.
17. The Word is something to be loved more than silver and gold Psalms 119:127 (KJV) Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold.
18. The Word of God is the source of light Psalms 119:130 (KJV) The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.