Summary: I believe that God wants you and me to come to be ready to fulfill a great destiny. However, we must be prepared/ready for that destiny. Just as the people of Israel had to eat the Passover Lamb with a certain physical posture about them, so we too must t
Text: Exodus 12:11 (NASB)
Introduction: When you become a Christian, one thing we need to have is readiness. Readiness because the work in you that has been performed means a complete change in venue for your life. You are not the same in any way shape or form. Your plans that you may have laid out for what you were going to be or who you became will change.
You are moving from a place of slavery and bondage to a place of freedom and destiny. Every child of God who has been redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God must realize that He or She is a person of Destiny.
For the Israelites, their destiny was freedom from slavery in Egypt but that is only half of the story. They were also suddenly people of Destiny. Where once they had longed for rights and privileges, now they were people with a plan and purpose.
I believe that God wants you and me to come to be ready to fulfill a great destiny. However, we must be prepared/ready for that destiny. Just as the people of Israel had to eat the Passover Lamb with a certain physical posture about them, so we too must take of the body and blood of Christ Jesus with a certain spiritual posture about us.
Being ready for your Destiny
I. The Israelites first had to have their cloaks tucked in to their belts.
A. You must have your cloak tucked into your belt.
B. What we are talking about is - - - FOCUS***
C. This means that your must be ready to move without being caught and held up by a little tree or thorn or something in the pathway that may grab to your cloak.
D. This symbolizes the Focus you must have as a Christian.
1. You must not let anything take you off your course.
2. Hebrews 12:1 (AMP)
3. We must be ready to run.
4. If you have ever tried to run with a bathrobe on, you know what I am talking about.
5. You cannot run through your house with the bathrobe loose.
6. If you are just getting out of the shower and run to get the door without first tying up that robe around your waist you know that somebody is going to be shocked and surprised by what happens.
7. If you want to be sure to fulfill your destiny in God, make sure you are free from the little things that try to tie you up in knots.
E. Ephesians 6:14 (AMP)
1. The belt of Truth is what keeps us focused on the destiny.
2. What are you focused on?
3. What captures your attention?
F. Are you looking for God in your daily life or looking for other things of this world.
1. As people of Destiny, we must be focused and our focus cannot be random thoughts about God or random philosophies toward God but must be focused thoughts on The Truth of God found in His word!
2. As a Christian, the focus needs to be on the Word.
G. There should never be a day we fall asleep after our day filled with thoughts and dreams and ideas, and we have not taken time to focus in on God with His Word.
1. Psalm 119:105 (NASB)
H. If you want to know where you are going and how to get there, go to the Word of the Almighty God.
1. Psalm 119:9 (NASB)
I. The Word of God must have priority in our minds.