Summary: With the power of Christ we can prevail over any problem. The Lord Jesus gave us His Holy Spirit to make us victors amidst the strife, hardship and adversity. Our Savior gives us a mastery over whatever complex difficulties we face to demonstrate His omni
1. Jesus taught His disciples to be upbeat, confident and strong in the power of our heavenly Father. The Lord Jesus said, "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)
With the power of Christ we can prevail over any problem. The Lord Jesus gave us His Holy Spirit to make us victors amidst the strife, hardship and adversity. Our Savior gives us a mastery over whatever complex difficulties we face to demonstrate His omniscience, omnipotence and omnipresence. Jesus continues to actively work all things together for the good of those us that earnestly love the Lord and obey His directives.
Application: Ask God to help you be more upbeat, confident and strong in Christ’s promises.
2. Jesus showed His disciples how to be an overcomer through prayer. The Lord Jesus prayed, "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing but the body is weak." (Matt. 26:41) Ask the Lord to make you more vigilant and prayerful through all of your waking moments and challenges.
3. Jesus knew that is impossible to overcome all of the problems of life with the empowerment of the Spirit. The Good Shepherd said, "But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:26,27)
Application: Ask the Lord to give you greater power, wisdom, and enabling through the Holy Spirit’s directives.
4. Jesus knew that our biggest enemy would come from within our own sinful human nature. The Good Shepherd said, "It is not what is on the outside of a man that defiles him, but what comes out of his heart: evil thoughts, immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance, and folly." (Mark 7:20,21)
Application: Ask the Lord to help you be led more by your spiritual than fleshly impulses. (Rom. 8:6-8)
5. Jesus knew that all men need to fear God to be overcomers of the world, the flesh and the devil. The Lord said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, fear the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell." (Matt. 10:28)
Application: Ask the Lord to help you develop a healthy fear, respect and veneration of God in every aspect of life.
6. Jesus knew that nothing could separate Him from the heavenly Father’s love. The Lord knew that Paul would write, "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written for your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered. No in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us." (Rom. 8:35-37)
Application: Ask the Lord to grant you a greater knowledge and appreciation of the breadth, length, height and depth of God’s overcoming love.
7. Jesus knew that God would fight His battles for Him. The Savior of the world remembered the Father’s promise to Joshua, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." (Josh 1:9)