Summary: Highlighted Seven Major levels of prayer and ten things that can hinder answered prayers.
PRINCIPLES OF RECEIVING FROM GOD
by Adedotun Ojelabi
Communication with the Almighty God is a common denominator to all children of God worldwide. Most believers at one point or the other have been faced with questions like “what is the Lord saying concerning this situation? Why is my prayers not answered now? Or what can I do to get results when I pray?
It is my believe that through this peculiar message, believers will understand the principles of receiving from God, put into use and get outstanding results in Jesus Name.
Main Text: Matthew 7:7 (quickview)  Ask and it shall be given you; seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened. Vs 8 Everyone that asketh, receiveth and he that seeketh findeth and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. (KJV)
We are considering these principles from Seven major perspectives:
7 LEVELS OF INTENSITY IN PRAYER
1. ASKING: Asking is to desire, to want or to require. You are not likely to have your requests granted without a desire. That is why the scripture above put "asking" as a priority. It presupposes that asking is a prerequisite for receiving. 1 Cor 14:1 Follow after charity and desire spiritual gift but rather that ye may prophesy. (KJV).
2. SEEKING: According to the main text anybody that seek the Lord will always find him. Then we may ask what is the difference between asking and seeking? I will say seeking is of higher intensity that asking. Seeking is exploratory in nature. It is like digging deep with a purpose of recovery. It is like asking that has a multiplier effect. Seeking is when you add diligence and determination to asking.
3. KNOCKING: Intensity increases out of a need. For example, someone who travels ten hours to attend a crusade. He has left the realm of the ordinary to the realm of desperate. The syrophenician woman in Mark 7:25-30 (quickview)  falls in this category. Knocking experience is when a believer combines more determination; perseverance, ruggedness or what is called radical faith to asking or seeking.
4. FASTING. Matthew 17:21 (quickview)  Howbeit, this kind goeth not but by prayer and fasting (KJV). The Disciples of Christ were unable to cast out a demon, so Jesus gave the recipe for supernatural manifestation in that kind of situation. There are stubborn or difficult situations that will never give way in the life of a man until you take this dimension. I know of a University Graduate that was unemployed for seven years.
She wrote series applications and attended several job interviews to no avail. But when she applied this principle of fasting and praying, an excellent job came up within three days to the glory of God. Fasting is the most powerful spiritual discipline of all Christian disciplines. When God’s people fast with proper biblical motive-seeking God’s face not his hand with a broken spirit, God will hear and heal their lives, churches, communities, nations and worlds.
5. PETITION COMBINED WITH WEEPING: 1 Samuel 1:15 (quickview)  And She was in bitterness of soul and prayed unto the Lord and wept sore (KJV). Hezekiah also applied this method in 2 Kings 20:3 (quickview) . This level of praying through the ages has produced outstanding results, for example Samuel is the product of Hannah’s prayer while, extension of life by 15 years was the product of Hezekiah’s prayer.