Summary: yes and amen in Jesus
Intro: Promise cards---now in book form—God’s promises for your every need. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. If you need encouragement, if you need strength, if you need more faith and power, go to the promise book, there is a promise for your every need
A PROMISE FOR EVERY NEED
Yes---I will do it
Amen—it is done
So today, we are going to go to some of the promises that have given your pastor strength over the years, and hope they will be an encouragement into your life.
I. Psalms 46:1—refuge and strength, a very present help in times of trouble.
· He is there when you need Him—a very present help—He isn’t just the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, He is the very present God, He is just as much God for us, as He has been for anyone else.
· When you face trouble—he can help. Sometimes trouble in our lives proves who are our true friends. Many people have a lot of friends while they walk in blessings, but if they face trouble, no one stands with them. But God is a friend in the time of trouble.
· Refuge—God is big enough to surround you—He can guard you in every direction, the name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run into it, and they are safe. He says, I’ve got you covered.
II. Psalms 34:19—many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.
· there is nothing you can get into, that God can’t get you out of
· you are going to go through a lot of things in life, but the good news is, that God is going to get you through. He delivers us out of them all.
The fire won’t burn you, the water won’t drown you, the lions won’t eat you, the giants won’t kill you and the mountains won’t stop you.
III. Philippians 4:19—my God shall supply are your needs according to his riches in glory.
Ill) Oral Roberts tells the story of how his wife went to the store and got groceries, but had to put some back because they didn’t have enough money. Oral complained to God that the church wasn’t doing him right, and God spoke to him and said, Oral, make me your source of blessing. He said, within a short time, his ministry had exploded into a nation wide ministry and resources poured in when God became His source.
His riches—how rich is God. The gold is mine, the silver is mine, I give power to make rich, He owns the cattle on a thousand hills. He gave houses to Israel they didn’t build, cities and kingdoms, and your God will do the same for you. Yes, He’ll do it again.
Ill) Base Supply—giant warehouses they were stocked with needed supplies. God has a warehouse in heaven, every good and perfect gift comes from above.
· My need will never exhaust His supply.
IV. Philippians 1:20—my earnest expectation and hope, is that in nothing will I be disappointed—KJ ashamed.
· Paul expected the best because of serving God. He was constantly looking for God to come through, and God came through. At the end of Paul’s life, He was a guardian of Rome, but shared the gospel with people every day.
· I may have disappointments in this world, but I will never be disappointed in serving Jesus Christ as Lord. I won’t be ashamed, in anything.