Summary: Christians will go through many things, but god still has a promiss that he is still God.
The promises of God
Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen
The word faith SOMETIMES MEANS
1. GOING DOWN A slippery bank to a river not seen
2. Claiming an old boat that has no motor to use on god sea
3. Trying the oars that is needed the power to make it go, when a storm is approachingl
4. Needing to use the smallness of the boats, is what you just inhearited.
SOME SAY IT IS NOT MY CALLING
MY CALLING IS
1. the large boat, parked at the ramp where the boat dock is located.
2. Not to go down this muddy path that has no shelter, too dangerious
3. I should not need to bail out the boat it should be clean, and waiting for me.
4. It must have a good motor to make it go I cant do it on my own.
UNDERSTANDING GOD IS =
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you
1. The bank does not matter;
2. the boat is just something to get us to the other side.
3. The oars are better than swimming and its too deep to wade across
4. the water leaking in the boat from the rains is easily removed.
5. I will dig steps in the muddy bank and it will make life easer climbing.
You were selected, he chose you, and you did not choose him.
If his spirit did not draw you to him then you were not called. If you were not called you are not of him. The bible says if you do not hear his voice you are not of him. His word in John says the following;
He that is of god heareth god’s words: ye therefore hear them not because ye are not of god.
John 15:16. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
Paul warned of a day
2Timothy 3:7. Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Read Joel 1:2-4
2. Hear this, ye old men, and give ear, all ye inhabitants of the land. Hath this been in your days, or even in the days of your fathers?
3. Tell ye your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation.
4. That which the palmerworm hath left hath the locust eaten; and that which the locust hath left hath the cankerworm eaten; and that which the cankerworm hath left hath the caterpiller eaten.
HEBREW: GANWER, SWARMEER, DEVOUER, CONSUMER.
Isaiah 11:1 AND THERE SHALL COME FORTH A ROD OUT OF THE STEM OF JESSE AND A BRANCH SHALL GROW OUT OF HIS ROOTS.
BRANCH HERE IN HEBREW MEANS: NETZEER A GREEN SHOOT.
BRANCH HERE IN GREEK MEANS: TSEMACH SPROUT
St. John 15:1 I’m the true vine and my father is the husbandman. V2 every branch in me that bearth not fruit he taketh away and every branch that bearth fruit he purgeth it that it may bring forth more fruit.
The promises of God
Genesis 37-42ND chapter
VS :3 LOVED JOSEPH MORE THAN THE OTHERS. COAT OF MANY COLORS
JOSEPH HAD DREAMS
VS:15 FOUND WONDERING IN FIELDS
VS:19 THE DREAMER COMMETH
VS:4 HIS BROTHERS HATED HIM
PLACED HIM IN A PIT