Summary: Sermon leads to be satisifed in life, your money, your sex, your work give temporary satisfaction. But the real satisfaction from God.
Methodist Tamil Church
Satisfaction Ps 17:15
God looks for people who will stand in the gap, who will pray for others, who will go for him, who will do His will, who will sacrificially give to the ministry, who will do good to the nations and people and people who are satisfied.
The basic human problem is not satisfied with what they have. In fact men become mad after the world and its things. When God created man he made them in His own image and in His own likeness with all Godly qualities. The fall of man brought dissatisfaction over everything –dissatisfaction over spouse, over family, over children, over job, over house, over vehicle, over friends, with food, dress etc., etc.
Unsatisfied: Bible says: Lovers of Money never satisfied with money and wealth. (Eccl 5:10). The satisfaction and dissatisfaction are simplified into three areas of our Life – Lust of the eyes, Lust of the Flesh and Pride of the Life. kz;zhir> ngz;zhir> nghd;dhir my;yJ kz;- kJ-khJ vd;Wk; nrhy;tH.
The whole world history is written around these three things. Kings and religious leaders, sports personalities, political giants were fallen into these pits. Some has realized and retrieved but many are gone beyond retribution and rehabilitation.
The gate way for all the lusts is eyes. So Eyes are very dangerous to make us to fall (Mt 5:29), our eyes are lamp to the body (Mt. 6:22-23).
Eyes never satisfied (Eccl. 2:10-11), by seeing (Eccl 1:8) – Ahan lusted after the dresses (Josh. 7:21), Eve lusted after the food (Gen 3:6), Israelites said they enjoyed eating Biriyani of Egypt (Ex 16:3, don’t forget that man shall not live by bread alone Dt. 8:3). Bible says that the fool is satisfied with the food (Pr. 30:21-23).
Samson lusted after the flesh (Jud 14:1,7; 16:1, 20 never realized that the Lord left him), Lot and Ahab lusted after the real estate (Gen 13:10; IKi 21:1,2,9-14).
Absalom and Adonijah lusted after the Post and kingdom (I Sam 15:1,10-11; I Ki. 1:5). Eyes are compared to the Seoul and the bottomless pit (Pr. 27:20).
Job says I made an agreement with my eyes to look to God, look to His words, look to his grace, look to His Church, and look to His Mountains and not on a Girl/woman (Job 31:1). Our eyes must look unto God (Ps. 123:2), look for his grace and mercy, look for his refuge (123:1), help (121:1), look for his salvation and words (119:123).
Sad and Useless: a man who is not satisfied within himself found in Eccl 4:7-8 – he had no family – no mother, no father, no son, no daughter, no brother he works hard, harder, earns money but never satisfied. Eccl 5:10 Money and wealth never satisfies a man.
The love of money is the root of all evils in the life (I Tim 6:6-11). Do not love the world and the things in the world (I Jn. 2:15-17). Augur made a wonderful prayer not to have enormous wealth and to forget God nor to have poverty and curse God but feed me every day (Pr. 30:7-9). Being content is godly (I Tim. 6:6-8).
1. By His face rhayhNy (Ps 17:15). If you are awake you will be satisfied Pr. 20:13
2. By His Love or Grace every morning (Ps 90:14) fhiyapNy ckJ fpUigahy; jpUg;jpahf;Fk;.
3. By His favor (Dt. 33:23 )
eg;jyp: fHj;jUila jatpdhNy jpUg;jpaile;jpUg;ghd;.
4. Satisfies with the fullness of the Church (Ps 36:7-8). Satisfies the Poor of Jerusalem with food Ps 132:15, Jer. 31:14. My soul shall be satisfied. Ps 63:5 Satisfy with the good things of thy house Ps 65:4, Ps 103:5 ckJ tPl;bd; ed;ikahy; jpUg;jpahNthk;.
5. If you do … he will satisfy your needs Is 58:10-11.
6. Eternal Water of life satisfies men (Amos 4:8, Jn. 4:13-14, Ps. 107:9, Is 55:1-2, Pr. 13:25). Honey from the rock Ps 81:16, Jer. 50:19.
7. By the honey of the Word man is satisfied. Eating Bible verses (Ps 19:7-11, Dt 8:3). Use the Word of God, eat the Word of God, chew the Word of God.