Do you have steel toed shoes on?!! I have four points this morning and I’m sure one of them is going to step on your toes. I got my toes stepped on preparing this message. If all four points get your toes this morning then you need to get to the alter real quick!
Now listen! Did you know that one of Satan’s biggest jobs is to keep you beaten down and feeling like God doesn’t like you or won’t forgive you? He wants you to believe that God hates failures - that He doesn’t forgive them, that he only forgives perfect people. Revelation 12:10 says, “And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.”
READ TEXT - EXPOUND
There are three things that go through my mind that I want to share with you before I get into the message:
1. How did these men catch this woman in the act of adultery? What kind of ministry were they doing?
2. Of all the people to bring this accused woman to, why did they take her to Jesus?!! They didn’t understand the love of Jesus. He wasn’t like the other pastor’s or teachers or people of the church. He wasn’t quick to pick up stones! He was compassionate and full of forgiveness.
3. Why did they have to bring this situation into the church? Isn’t that just like the enemy, trying always to get something on the outside and bring it in the inside! - Get the problems into åOEPP2~1HTM l 2. here’s what I think about that carpet
3. money being spent
4. job, home life,,,on and on and on…GET THE PICTURE! IS ANYONE IN THE HOUSE HEARING ME?!!!
At this point your giving more than an opinion - you are using your tongue to sow seeds of discord! AND GOD HATES THAT!!
Now people do this in a sly way:
1. Luke - lady w/oil
2. Opinions about each other
JUST BECAUSE YOUR OPINION IS FREE, YOU DON’T HAVE TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE HAS YOURS!!
MANY OPINIONS ARE NOTHING MORE THAN GOSSIP IN A DRESS!
Just gossip all dressed up! Fancy little way of bring it in there, trying to get information on somebody, and your trying to get somebody thinking the way your thinking!
BE CAREFUL, DON’T CARRY THEM STONES, GET RID OF THEM…PUT THOSE STONES DOWN!!
II. Compromising Stones (underdog nature)
2. jump teams if that one starts winning
3. feel sorry
4. you feel that is compassion
5. difference between compassion and compromise
6. dangerous stones
7. people have left the church…you feel sorry for them
8. I’m not bashing losers…some are trouble makers (you know what I am preaching about!!)
My friends, if your nature is to always pull for the loser - you will never be on a winning team!
9. if you think you can make them a winner…
10. these stones are underdog or compromise stones…Proverbs 14:9 says, “The common ground of rebels is their own guilt.”
11. Look out! -- is the reason your always pulling for the underdog, is because you yourself have always been an underdog!…you are a loser…birds of a feather flock together… BE SET FREE…FREE INDEED! ARE YOU IN THE HOUSE TODAY!!
We should always distinguish the difference between compassion/comprise.
One thing to stand in compassion, but if they are in sin…STAY AWAY!
You know what I think…it’s jealousy!…(sports team)…and it’s crept into our churches, hate to see winners all the time! Get your own life in order and you can be a winner too! THE UNDERDOG OR COMPROMISE NATURE!
III. FAULT FINDING STONES (MOST COMMON)
1. MATT. 7:3 - Speck/plank
2. Dangerous backfire on you
3. Appointed them self the Watch dog -- dangerous, judge (measure)…you will be judged
ARE YOU HEARING ME!!
4. You gotta watch this stone and get rid of them…always trying to find fault all the time
5. I’m afraid the church is full of these kinds of stones
6. As a matter of fact some of you have them in your pockets right now!…at you home, your job
7. Why do people carry fault finding stones with them? I’ m concerned about those who have to carry stones of fault finding. (it must be a lonely world…)
8. Is there more to it than a love of exposing someone’s wrong doings? OR MUST (remember most common)
9. Your using them and their faults to veer the attention off your own faults. Hey, the dog that barks the loudest has the most fleas!
10. Looking for that perfect church…could you be a member there…then throw down them stones of fault finding!