Summary: This is the 14th sermon in the series "From The Cradle To The Cross".
Series: “From The Cradle To The Cross” [#14]
QUESTIONS AND MORE QUESTIONS
1. When Jesus was arrested, the disciples scattered.
2. Those who arrested Jesus took Him to Annas, the father-in-law of Caiphas the High Priest, and Annas sent Him to Caiphas. Caiphas sent Him to Pilate; Pilate sent Him to Herod; and Herod sent Him back to Pilate.
3. I want to look at several questions that were asked during the time of Christ’s arrest and trials. Which one of these best fit your life?
Question: Mark 14:61 “…Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?”
1. The High Priest and Sanhedrin refused to believe that Jesus was who He said He was.
2. Even after they had seen Jesus perform miracles and heard Him teach they would not believe.
3. They were blinded by religious traditions. They put tradition be for the truth.
Question: Luke 22:56-62 “…Are you a follower of Jesus?”
1. Peter denied Jesus Christ 3 times.
2. It had not been long since Peter had told Jesus that not only would he never deny Him but that he would die for Him.
3. Peter was blinded by fear.
Question: Luke 23:8-12 “…Will Jesus perform a miracle?”
1. Herod was hoping for a show.
2. Herod wanted to be entertained.
3. Herod was blinded by worldly pleasures.
Question: Matthew 27:22 “What shall I do, then, with Jesus who is called Christ?”
1. Pilate was sure about who Christ was, but he knew that he was being falsely accused.
2. Pilate was unsure of what to do with Christ. The people chose to crucify Jesus and although Pilate washed his hands of this decision, he still let it happen.
3. Pilate was blinded by popular opinion.
1. Are you religious, but don’t know Jesus personally?
2. If you are a Christian, how often have you denied Christ through your words or actions? Remember Peter repented and served God very affectively.
3. Are you just here for the show?
4. Today I want you to ask yourself this question, “What shall I do with Jesus Christ?”
5. What are you blinded by? Jesus gives sight to the blind!