Summary: A word study on "Quietness"
SOME INTRODUCTION QUESTIONS:
1) When was the last time you were quiet for 15 minutes?
2) When was the last time you were in a place and you could hear a pin drop it was so quiet?
3) Would you describe your emotions as orderly or disorderly?
4) Are you able to just sit without the noise of a radio or TV?
5) Does silence bother you?
SOME SCRIPTURE TO HELP US ALONG:
SOME POINTS TO TAKE AWAY FROM THESE VERSES:
· To have a quiet spirit, means that one has order and control over their emotions, spirit, and thoughts. Note when Jesus calmed the storm.
· The quietness on the inside will translate to a peaceful existence on the outside.
· Quietness will defend you against certain temptations.