Summary: Jesus re-established God’s kingdom on this earth. What an awesome priveledge to be able to rule and serve in this kingdom.
Re-establishment of the kingdom of our father’s rule on earth
1. "…I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10:10)
The literal Greek rendering of “more abundantly” is - That they might have it excessively, extravagantly exceeding abundant above that which is necessary.
2. The kingdom of God on earth, is nothing less than an extension of the kingdom of God in heaven.
Get rid of the “we’re here all alone” mentality. All of Heaven stands with us…
The Spirit of God
A. What an awesome privilege to be part of this kingdom
1. "Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist:
notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he." (Matthew 11:11, KJV)
2. The Baptism of the Holy Ghost with fire was the defining factor.
a. "I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear:
he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:"
(Matthew 3:11, KJV)
John said, I got some water in my hands, but he has the fire of the Holy Ghost in his
B. Jesus re-established the kingdom of God rule on the earth for us
a. Man needed to be brought into right relationship again with papa king
1. We lost OUR AUTHORITY, OUR RIGHT, OUR PRIVILAGE to rule this kingdom on earth.
2. Our papa king entrusted his kingdom with us and we gave the keys to an enemy king through deception.
b. Jesus came and took the kingdom back and has opened a way for us to rule again.
1. "the people that sat in darkness saw a great light, and to them that sat in the region and shadow of death, to them did light spring up." (Matthew 4:16, ASV)
2. "And Jesus came to them and spake unto them, saying, All authority (King James power) hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth." (Matthew 28:18, ASV)
Authority- not strength but right- Power- GR# 1849- exousia; authority- literally, the power to act
One man asked me what I would do when my boys strength excels mine and they seek to rule over me? I told him my authority is greater than their strength
Jesus last prayer on earth
John 17- used the PowerPoint for this
Just touch on this lightly- call brothers to prayer
1. An example of what the kingdom given back to us means….
"And the seventy returned with joy, saying, Lord, even the demons are subject unto us in thy name.
And he said unto them, I beheld Satan fallen as lightning from heaven."
(Luke 10:17-18, ASV)
2. Saw Satan fall- #4406, (piptô): vb,
a. To fall down as in "Acts 20:9, when Paul preached long and the young man fell asleep and fell down from upper window
b. To fall before or prostate as in Matt. 2:11, "And they came into the house and saw the young child with Mary his mother; and they fell down and worshipped him;…
3. Why did Satan fall, prostate before them? Because of the authority on them given by Jesus as said in the following verse in this passage
"Behold, I have given you authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall in any wise hurt you."
(Luke 10:19, ASV)