Summary: Why is the local Church so important? I am going to give to you these ten points without elaborating on them. May the Holy Spirit do that for you!
Why is the local Church so important? I am going to give to you these ten points without elaborating on them. May the Holy Spirit do that for you!
1. The local Church is: The center of God’s evangelistic effort.
2. The local Church is: Where Jesus is praised worshipped and glorified.
(Rev 5:11 KJV) And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
(Rev 5:12 KJV) Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
(Rev 5:13 KJV) And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
(Rev 5:14 KJV) And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.
3. The Local Church: Houses the pulpit upon the Word of God is preached.
(Neh 8:4 KJV) And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose…
4. The local Church is: God’s way of doing business.
5. The local Church is: The hub of the family.
(1 Tim 5:1 KJV) Rebuke not an elder, but entreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren;
(1 Tim 5:2 KJV) The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity.
6. The local Church is: The closet thing to God’s heart.
(Rev 21:9 KJV) And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will show thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife.
7. The local Church is: The altar upon which we are to bring God’s sacrifice.
(1 Cor 16:2 KJV) Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
8. The local Church is: The meeting place of friends.
(1 John 1:3 (quickview)  KJV) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
9. The local Church is: That for which Christ died and gave himself for.
(Eph 5:25 KJV) Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
10. The local Church is: The only thing that will remain.
(Rev 21:1 KJV) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Conclusion: Will you faithfully attend Church this coming Sunday, or will you be attending "Bedside Baptist?"