Summary: five ways to receive from God
Intro: The gospels are full of accounts of people receiving a touch from Jesus. Not everyone was healed, not everyone received a blessing, there were those who pressed through, those who wouldn’t give up, those who couldn’t be stopped, and those who had a supernatural faith to claim their
blessing. Tonight, let’s find five ways to receive a blessing from God.
1. Matthew 8:2– you can make me clean–the first way to receive the touch of Jesus in your life is to believe that He can. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Jesus, you can do this, nothing is impossible with God.
Doubt, fear and unbelief must be defeated for faith to arise in your soul
2. Matthew 8:8-Speak the Word only–the next way to receive something from the Lord is to get His Word on it. My people perish because of lack of knowledge. Study to show thyself approved, a workmen that doesn’t need to be ashamed.
Learn to stand on the promises of God, the promises of God are yes and amen. Learn to claim your blessing. If God said it, that settles it. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my word will never pass away.
3. Matthew 9:28-he needs your yes on it. You need to confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus Christ. The power of life and death are in the tongue. He sent His Word and healed them. There is power in speaking the word of God, there is power in you speaking faith. It isn’t just hearing the word, but saying, it is written. Jesus defeated Satan by speaking the Word of God.
4. Matthew 14:35-36-three elements of faith are found in the miracles at the city of Gennesaret.
a. they recognized Jesus–one way in which people receive from the Lord is knowing his voice, having a relationship with him.
b. they brought unto him all that were diseased–we see here another element of faith, the people brought people to him that needed a miracle, needed a blessing. There faith was manifested by action and compassion on others.
c. and as many as touched him–were made perfectly whole–the next thing we notice is that not everyone was healed, but all those that touched him were made whole. Maybe everyone had faith that Jesus could heal them, but those who reached out as he passed by were made whole. Your faith must be manifested with action.
5. Persistence–Matthew 15:27–Woman of Canaan–just a crumb will do–
Here is another way to receive from the Lord–never say never. Don’t quit, don’t give up. Jesus told of a little lady who kept knocking on the door of an unjust judge, and he gave her what she wanted, not because he was good, but because she wouldn’t take no for an answer.