Summary: Blessings of God are not just reserved for heaven
RECEIVING WHAT’S MINE!
2/14/10 Psalm 91:14-16
1. Two Aspects of Christianity
a. Heavenly – after death> Jesus did it all
b. Earthly – during this life>Jesus provides it all
2. First is a Free Gift – 2nd Responsive Gift
a. Both from the Grace of God
b. 1st response to what God did – 2nd what we do
3. 1st All X’ns Experience – 2nd Few X’ns Exper
a. John 10:10 (KJV)
… I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
1. TWO REASONS Because he has
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
1 John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.
1. Decision He has
2. Direction on me
3. Dedication set
Psalm 9:10 And they that know Your name will put their trust in You: for You, Lord, have not forsaken them that seek You.
John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know You the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.
a. Recognize His Voice
b. Recognize His Words
a. That devotion intended for life
b. That devotion shared singularly
1) He first knows my name as a sin hating, sin avenging God; and this knowledge was a means of leading him to a deep sense of his own personal corruption, guilt, and danger as a sinner.
(2) But the favourite of the Lord knows his name as revealed to Moses, as "The Lord, the Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity, and transgression, and sin." He knows the name of the Lord as concentrated in the name of Jesus, who "shall save his people from their sins." The Treasury of David.
2. SEVEN RESULTS therefore I will…
1. Deliverance From
a. Just judgment - Salvation
b. Fatal Fear –
Isaiah 41:10 Fear you not; for I am with you: be not dismayed; for I am your God: I will strengthen you; yea, I will help you; yea, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.
c. Devastating Disaster
2. Deliverance Through
Isaiah 43:2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you: when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon you.
3. Deliverance To
1. Audacious Faith
a. Call by Name
b. Call expecting an answer
2. Bodacious Answer
D. ACCOMPANY WITH HIM IN TROUBLE
1 Corinthians 10:13 (AMP)
For no temptation (no trial regarded as enticing to sin), [no matter how it comes or where it leads] has overtaken you and laid hold on you that is not common to man [that is, no temptation or trial has come to you that is beyond human resistance and that is not adjusted and adapted and belonging to human experience, and such as man can bear]. But God is faithful [to His Word and to His compassionate nature], and He [can be trusted] not to let you be tempted and tried and assayed beyond your ability and strength of resistance and power to endure, but with the temptation He will [always] also provide the way out (the means of escape to a landing place), that you may be capable and strong and powerful to bear up under it patiently.