Summary: Encouraging the believer to take advantage of our previledged position in Christ Jesus.
REIGNING IN LIFE AS KINGS
We are Royalty –Rev 19:13
· Jesus is the King of kings. We are the kings that he is king of. Rev 1:5-6; Rev.5:9-10; 1 Pet. 2:9; Rom: 5: 10.
Learn to be exalted –Matt. 5:14 ; 1 Pet. 5:8-9
· Paul’s prayer for the Church –Eph 1v17; Hos 4:6
· We are seated with Christ –Eph 2: 7; 1John 4:17; 1Cor.6:17
· We shall judge angels –1Cor.6:1-3
· We must become skilful in the word –Heb.5:13; Gal.4:1.
· We have been promoted and enthroned –2 Sam.22:34
Not by our works –Zech.4:6; 1Cor.15:10; Eph.2:8
· Abundance of grace –Favour –not merited –John.1:10ff.
· It is always sufficient 2Cor.3; 12:8-10; 9:8
· It is received by faith –Rom. 5:1-2; Eph.2:8-9; Heb.4;14-16
· Gift of righteousness 2Cor.5:21; Col.3:10; Eph.4:24; Rom.3:21-24 Forget the past –God forgives. To maintain righteousness we must appreciate our forgiveness – we must appreciate God’s grace.Eph.1:7
Be aware of your new position in Christ-
· Satan is afraid of your position 1John.4:4
· We are far above principalities and powers etc. Eph.1:17ff; 2:1-6;
· Remember satan and his cohorts are defeated- Col.2:15; Heb.2:14-15
· Jesus’ work is done, relative to this dispensation. Heb.1;Ps.110:1;Rev.20:1-3
· We can bind satan at this time. We have delegated authority to reign on earth. Matt.28:18-20; Mk.16:15-18; Jm.4:7; 1Pet.5:8-9; Eph.4:26-27.
· We are God’s battle axe. We have been commissioned to enforce satan’s defeat. Until we reign, it cannot be evident that Jesus is lord.
· We must reign- Lk.10:19; Eph.6:10-12; 2Cor.10:3-6;
Appreciate the place of faith-1John.5:4. No need to be afraid.