Summary: PROPOSITION: Because Christ rules from His eternal throne, you are able to find stability and security in Him.
Rejoice in the Throne of Christ!
PROPOSITION: Because Christ rules from His eternal throne, you are able to find stability and security in Him.
I. Focus on the blessings of God. v. 1-3
A. David pondered God’s blessings (1-2).
1. He was made king.
2. He was given national rest.
B. David desired to serve His God (3).
1. He wants His presence to be at the center of life.
2. He wants to bring Him honor and glory.
II. Focus on the promises of God. v. 4-17
A. God asked two questions (4-7).
1. Are you the one to build me a house to dwell in (5)?
2. Why have you not built me a house of cedar (7)?
B. God gave David some promises (8-16).
1. Promises realized during David’s lifetime (8-11a).
2. Promises fulfilled after David’s lifetime (11b-16).
a. Your son will build a house for my Name (11b, 13a).
b. Your son’s throne (through the seed of David) will be established forever (12b-13).
c. Your son will be my son (adoption) (14a).
III. Focus on the Person and work of Christ. v. 18-29
A. Praise God for His sovereign rule (18-22).
1. He gives attention to His people (18-21).
2. He is greater than all others (22).
B. Praise God that you were made His servant (23-29).
1. He has brought you out of a place of bondage (23-26).
2. He has brought you into a place of eternal blessings (27-29).