Summary: A joyful humble spirit will help you persevere during trials.
REJOICE THROUGH TRIALS
PROPOSITION: Because Christ humbled Himself even unto the death of the cross, you must practice humility during periods of trials.
I. Rejoice through trials regardless of your social status. v. 9-10
A. Impoverished believers must rejoice in their position of dignity(9).
1. God has already given you many blessings.
2. God is currently giving you what you really need. Ro 8:16-18
3. God is preparing for you a future divine inheritance. 1 Pe 1:3-6
B. Wealthy believers must rejoice in their position of humiliation. (10)
1. Rejoice that God uses trials to drive the wealthy person to Christ.
2. Rejoice that God helps the wealthy person understand his true condition. Jer 9:23-24
II. Beware during trials that you don’t rely on your own resources. v. 11
A. Remember material riches are only for a season.
1. Beware of the brevity of wealth!
2. Beware of the dangers of wealth!
B. Remember living for riches will eventually bring destitution.
1. Realize the glory of the rich man will fade.
2. Realize the sun nor will wind effect spiritual values.