Summary: What to do if your kids are going sideways! - This message addresses some key factors that we can do to help our children grow in the fear and the admonition of the Lord.
Relating to Your Kids
One day, a little girl is sitting and watching her mother do the dishes at the kitchen sink. She suddenly notices that her mother has several strands of white hair sticking out in contrast on her brunette head. "Why are some of your hairs white, Mom?" she asks. Her mother replies, "Well, every time you do something wrong and make me cry or unhappy, one of my hairs turns white." The little girl thinks about this awhile, then asks, "So how come ALL of Grandma’s hairs are white?"
o God Loves Families
o Good kids are not just born… they are made!
o Children are products of the environment in which they are being raised
o The most valuable thing you can give your kids is time
I. BE A GOOD EXAMPLE
A. Unconditional Love
1. Recite the Song Lyrics to: The Love of God
B. A Lifestyle of Worship (Living with a God Consciousness)
Philippians 3:10 AMP
C. Surrender, Study Your Bible, Give & Support Missions
1. Surrender - Luke 9:23-26
2. Be a lover of the Word
o Study the Word - Thy Word have I hid… - Psalms 119:11
o Study to show thyself "approved unto God"… - 2 Timothy 2:15-16
3. Support Missions - Philippians 4:15-19
D. Be Real…
1. Kids can sniff out a fake!
2. Practice what you preach!
3. Be faithful to God's house and the work of the Lord
4. Treat people right (be a person of integrity)
o When it comes to how you treat people always remember that your children see what you see… magnified!
o They will remember…
II. SEE YOUR KIDS LIKE GOD SEES THEM
A. God Loves Your Kids even when they lose their way
1. Suffer the little children to come unto me… - Matthew 19:14
2. He loves them when they are grown as well!
B. God See's Value In Your Kids
1. He knows their name! - John 10:14
- As parents we should teach them to follow God's plan for their lives.
A. Interaction is Key
1. They can't hear you if you don't talk to them
2. You can't hear them if you never let them talk to you
B. Learn what matters to them
1. Baby Boomer's hearts were tied to places. (Cathedrals, Stained Glass Windows, Monuments to Moments etc.)
2. Millennial's hearts are tied to "Causes"… (Feeding the Hungry, Providing Clean Water, Making Others Feel Valued etc.)
C. Learn when to "Hang On" & when to "Turn Loose".
1. Hang on by Prayer
2. Turn loose by Faith
D. SPEAK LIFE OVER THEM DAILY! (ditch the "death talk)
1. You are blessed
2. You are highly favored
3. You are greatly loved
4. You are prosperous, healthy and whole etc.
o Prayer for Salvation
o Blessing the Children