Summary: This week I want us to focus on our relationship with the Heavenly Father. When you know God as your Father, you move from religion to relationship. Your accepting Jesus Christ as Lord of your life opens the door to the Heavenly Father. Once you are a Be
1. Intimacy is what God desires from His children.
1. You become a child of God when you become born again and give or make a decision to follow Christ.
2. God created all man in His image, but not man is His child.
3. God is not the Father of unbelievers.
(NKJV) John 8 42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do.
4. God is your Father when you are a part of His family.
(NKJV) Ephesians 3 14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
2. God knows what you need before you ask Him.
1. Don’t worry about how your needs are going to be met.
a. Allow God to have the opportunity to meet your needs.
b. We must trust God to meet your needs.
c. Through the Word, see your way out of your situations and circumstances
2. Your heavenly Father is so aware of you that He knows your needs and wants to meet those needs.
(NKJV) Matthew 6 25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? 28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
3. Get to know your heavenly Father.
1. When you accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, you gain access to God.
2. God loves you because you love and accept His Son Jesus.