Summary: Many people will perish eternally even though they have been given great opportunity to respond to truth.
1- Jesus pointed to stories in the Old Testament to teach last day lessons. (In particular Noah & Lot)
2- Each were alike 1. Warning 2. Removal 3. then Judgment.
3- God says that it will be the same in these last days! (2 Pet. 2:1-9, 3:3-14, 1 Tim. 4:1-2, 2 Tim. 3:1-9)
4- I want to draw your attention to three words. “Remember Lot’s Wife”.
Several truths concerning Lot’s wife
1- She Perished Even Though She Had Been Warned Of Danger.
1. She knew exactly what God had said He would do! (Perhaps she even heard & smelled)
2. TODAY – Most have heard the warning -Hell; Tribulation: Second Coming.
2- She Perished Though She Was A Righteous Man’s Wife.
1. Influence long goes as far as it is heeded!!
2. “Family salvation”?
3. TODAY – Church, bible and Christian friends are easily available to all of us!!!
3- She Perished Even Though She Made An Effort To Be Saved.
1. She made a good start.
2. Many start off with a “bang” but never finish.
Mt. 13:5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow.… 20 The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21 But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away.
Lk. 9:62 Jesus replied, "No-one who puts his hand to the plough and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."
4- She Was Separated From The Godless But Was Still Lost.
1. Like those who build their own religion. (Holiness not based on the Word of God.)
2. Just being good is not good enough. (Danger of trusting in works)
5- She Perished Even Though She Was Given Clear Directions.
1. She knew exactly what was expected of her.
2. TODAY – ONE Savior = Jesus!!!
ABC’s ACKNOWLEDGE your sin. BELIEVE Jesus/Substitute for sin CONFESS
(SONG: Jesus oh Jesus, do you know Him today, please don’t turn Him away, Jesus my Jesus w/o H.)