Summary: Take heed to the warnings of God.
REMEMBER LOT’S WIFE
(I) State of Man. (Sinful condition, corrupt, perverse)
State of the lost.
(A) Genesis 18:20,21, (And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
21. I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.)
(A1) Genesis 18:32b, (Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten’s sake.)
(B) Genesis 19:12,13, (And the men said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son in law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place:
13. For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the Lord; and the Lord hath sent us to destroy it.)
(C) Genesis 19:14, (And Lot went out, and spake unto his sons in law, which married his daughters, and said, Up, get you out of this place; for the Lord will destroy this city. But he seemed as one that mocked unto his sons in law.)
(D) Matthew 24:12, (And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.)
(E) II Timothy 3:1-5a, (This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3. Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4. Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5. Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof:..)
(II) Warnings of God. (Don’t look back, Get out, Remember Lot’s Wife.)
God never sends judgment without sufficient warning.
(A) Genesis 19:15,17, (And when the morning arose, then the angels hastened Lot, saying, Arise, take thy wife, and thy two daughters, which are here; lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city. 17. And it came to pass, when they had brought them forth abroad, that he said, Escape for thy life; look not behind thee, neither stay thou in all the plain; escape to the mountain, lest thou be consumed.)
(B) Luke 9:62, (And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.)
(C) Proverbs 14:14, (The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.)
(D) Hebrews 10:38, (Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.)
The Girdle Jer. 13
(E) Jeremiah 13:15-17, (Hear ye, and give ear; be not proud: for the Lord hath spoken.
16. Give glory to the Lord your God, before he cause darkness, and before your feet stumble upon the dark mountains, and, while ye look for light, he turn it into the shadow of death, and make it gross darkness.
17. But if ye will not hear it, my soul shall weep in secret places for your pride; and mine eye shall weep sore, and run down with tears, because the Lord’s flock is carried away captive.)