Summary: Ask someone,…do you have a good report
Pastor Allan Kircher
Shell Point Baptist Church
November 16, 2014
“Report on the Exploration”
**All sermons are in condensed form***
Preach about, “think about it” people excited sermon title alone
• great feedback last week/same Scripture
• Phil. 4:8-9 not enough to discover/right thoughts/but to do.
When you get God:
• I’m not really a courageous person…
• if/believer just haven’t awakened/sleeping giant within you
• Paul says the way to awaken it is…back to verse 8
1. This/one I/focus on…of Good report(NKJV)
• Ask someone,…do you have a good report
• world today/always/bad news
• Church today…Christians..believers
• Ought/people of a good report/in/world full of bad news.
I’m inferring/ps. 112 look/what a great goal to live by
• 112:6a….we want/stable people have/foundation
• We want/have/base/anchored/something deeper/our emotions
• 6b-7….pretty hard thing to believe
• can actually get/place/relationship/God/no fear/bad news
• 112:8…so you have stable, steadfast and secure.
• “It’s already written.” “It’s already written.”
• Back to v. 7 I want/know/even possible—no fear.
Triggering Bad news:
A lot people/weak not because/bad news they receive
But because/bad news they think they might receive
• Notice God says—fear of bad news….
• certain statements/things/hear/trigger/fear of bad news
• phone ring of a teenager after 10 pm
• certain emotion that happens inside
• Too young for caller ID.
• Certain people/email/trigger bad news.
If you go through enough seasons in your life you’ll be afraid for the phone to ring at all.
• Wave/wave/bad news can hit you
• finally it starts to erode you confidence
• Littlest thing can send you off/million different directions.
Joy/saying sometimes: “I need to talk to you about something”
• I don’t like that phrase
• every muscle in my body clinch/sees me bracing/it’s not bad
• Talk about dinner sat night/doesn’t need/prefaced by…..
• It’s not that bad/sometimes she’ll just take off……then I know brace for it…….tell someone brace for it…
• Boss wants to see you……doing well….not so well….
When you get enough bad news it creates an undercurrent in your spirit.
• Talk/you about/fear/bad news--what to do about bad news
• Paul said/NT think about such things of good report.
• Of good report
• Psalmist said God’s people should have no fear of bad news.
2. The report you believe much more important than the news you receive. Clap….
• Goodness/God/around us I would compare/OT promise land