Summary: We are chosen by the Master, sent with a Message and must fulfill the Mission.
RESPONDING TO THE CALL
(The Master, The Message and The Mission)
TEXT: MATTHEW 10:1-10
We are blessed to be a blessing. This is God’s plan from the beginning. He chose Adam to bless the world but he failed. He chose Abraham to bless the nations but the Jews failed. The reason was, they look at themselves as special and that the blessing of God is exclusive to them. Now He chose us to bless the nations. Yes we are a peculiar or special people but that happened not to hoard God’s blessings to ourselves but to be His channels so that the world will experience the life that Jesus gave and to have it more abundantly. Are you ready for a challenge?
A. He chooses people as instrument of His will (Abraham, Joseph,
Moses, David, the apostles etc)
• At the end of Chapter 9, Jesus challenged His disciples to
pray for laborers in the kingdom (Matthew 9:35-38)
• Here, He set into motion His plan to use people.
B. He knows whom to choose (Jer. 1:5)
• He don’t look at your present capacity
• He knows what you can become (Matt. 4:18-19; John 1:40-42)
C. He chose us not that we chose Him (John 15:16)
• He did not make mistakes
• Many are called but few are chosen (Matt. 20:16 KJV)
• It is a privilege
A. About the Kingdom of God (v. 7)
• That the Kingdom of God is now here
• What the Kingdom of God can bring (Matt. 11:5-6; Luke 4:18-19)
B. About the Love of God (John 3:16)
• The message is not bad news but good news (Mark 16:15)
• It is a message of hope and acceptance
• It is about Him who suffered and died on our behalf
• It is about Him who lived again so you too can live
III. RESPOND TO FULFILL THE MISSION (Mark 6:12-13)
A. It is not optional but optimal (best possible / favorable thing
to do)(Philip – Acts 8:26-40)
• Meaning you cannot offer an excuse
• It is not something you can postpone at your convenience
(Paul - Phil. 1:12-14)
• You were made for it and it is the best thing to do
B. It is not a social concern but a serious commandment (John 20:21)
• Responding to a social concern is occasional.
• When it comes to commandment, it is on a daily basis
• You will look for opportunity and grab it.
• Be intentional!
C. It is not for the few but for the faithful (Acts 1:15 – 120
disciples out of thousands who heard Jesus)
• You maybe a Christian, but are you faithful in fulfilling your
• Many are called, few are chosen and fewer remains faithful
(2 Tim. 4:9-10)
• God is looking for faithful ones. Not many but few
• He did not choose 1000 men but 12. and only 11 remained
• Do you belong to the faithful few?
CHALLENGE/APPLICATION: (2 Timothy 4:6-8)
All has been given. The source of it all (The Master), the thing to be delivered (The Message) and the task one must do (The Mission). All of these now rests on the shoulder of the MESSENGER. That is you and me. Jesus, our Master, has chosen us and given us the message together with the mission for us to fulfill. Will you respond and say: I WILL GO?