Summary: This Sermon is on the Results of Peter’s Sermon on the Day of Pentecost
The Results of Peter’s Sermon at Pentecost
This Morning we looked at many wonderful things about Peter’s Sermon on the Day of Pentecost. Note Peter’s Sermon this Morning. Peter Preached:
WITH BOLDNESS VERSE 14.
ON THE HOLY SPIRIT VERSES 17-18.
ON THE TRIBULATION PERIOD VERSES 19-20.
ON SALVATION VERSE 21.
ON THE CRUCIFIXION VERSES 22-23.
ON THE RESURRECTION VERSE 24.
ON ETERNAL SECURIT VERSE 27
Today, we are going to see what happened following that Sermon. There is a theory call, "FOR EVERY ACTION, THERE IS A REACTION." In other words, for everything that is said from behind the pulpit, there is a reaction to it. LET US NOTE THE REACTION PETER RECEIVED FROM HIS SERMON:
1. A DEEP CONVICTION: VERSE 37 Hebrews 4:12
2. AN OPEN CONFESSION: VERSE 38 Romans 10:9--Romans 14:11
3. AN IMPORTANT DIRECTION:VERSES 39-40 Proverbs 1:15, 2:9, 4:14
4. A JOYFUL RECEPTION: VERSE 41 Romans 10:1--John 6:37
5. A STEADY PROGRESSION: VERSE 42
PROGRESSION IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
A: IN DOCTRINE 1 Timothy 4:16
B: IN FELLOWSHIP 1 John 1:3
C: IN BREAKING OF BREAD I Corinthians 10:16
D: IN PRAYERS I Thessalonians 5:17-18
6. A WONDERFUL COOPERATION: VERSES 44-45 Acts 4:32
7. PRAISE AND CHURCH ADDITION: VERSES 46-47 Psalms 150:1--Luke 19:37
Application: We too have heard the Sermon this Morning. We have seen the Results this Evening. How will you react to the Message?