Summary: Study of the Book of Revelation
Revelation, Part 38
Rev 19:17 – 20:15
Prepare for war against the devil – just as we are called to do today
Point 1 – Satan captured (v19-21)
- He is the great deceiver – are you or have you been deceived?
- Has he been able to trick you lately -- To get you to do something not from God?
- Have you said that you have done enough and saved enough; Really?
- All will answer to the judgment of Jesus Christ
-- Killed or captured; God is still in control
-- Do you need to be released?
Point 2 – Satan has no power (v1-10)
- God’s authority binds Satan for 1,000 years
- God’s authority binds Satan NOW! (Job 1:12)
-- Satan was under God’s control then, and that has never stopped
-- You give him what he needs; not vice versa (he cannot take it from you)
-- Satan has taken enough; don’t give him anymore
-- Bring him under the authority of Jesus Christ; under Christ’s control in your life!
-- Satan is bound for 1,000 years ... what if God bound him for 100 days in your life, what would you do with that time?
-- Would that be enough to spread the Gospel?
Point 3 – Salvation is vital for all (v11-15)
- Worst verses in bible for the believer – it signifies the end of the unsaved
- Judgment is inevitable
- Great White Throne
-- No more mercy; only judgment for all sinners
-- Nothing and no one will be able to hide from God’s judge
-- All are brought before God’s Throne; before God’s Son, Jesus Christ
--- Cremated; drowned; destroyed; God knows where each part is
--- He can bring it all back together to face His judgment
-- Death and Hades (holding place) thrown to lake of fire
- V15; Are you in the book?
- Is your Family? Are your friends? Your co-workers? There is no more time to delay
-- Is there fruit coming from you? Can you not give to Christ to avoid judgment?
-- Deeds are not fruit; fruit is of the Spirit of God
Salvation is for all that willingly receive; but they have to have it given to them!
Can you give the salvation of Christ to others so that they can be saved?