Summary: God anointed Jesus with the Holy Spirit and power to do good and heal all who were oppressed of the devil. The purpose of this supernatural ministry school is to train and equip believers to go out and ‘do the stuff’ – doing what Jesus did.
REVIVAL #4: SUPERNATURAL MINISTRY SCHOOL:
DOING ‘THE STUFF’(DOING WHAT JESUS DID)
THE CALL OF JESUS:
“And He went up on the mountain and called to Him those He Himself wanted. And they came to Him. Then He appointed twelve, that they might be with Him and that He might send them out to preach, and to have power to heal sicknesses and to cast out demons.” (Mark 3:13-15).
NOTE – before we can ‘do the stuff’ – we must first “be with Jesus.” (see last Sunday’s sermon)
“Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, "The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.” (Matthew 9:35-38).
THE BIG IDEA: The Bible tells us that God anointed Jesus with the Holy Spirit and power to do good and heal all who were oppressed of the devil. The purpose of this supernatural ministry school is to train and equip believers to go out and ‘do the stuff’ – doing what Jesus did.
“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.” (John 14:12).
• When we are anointed with the Holy Spirit, we can do the same stuff He did!
FIVE THINGS JESUS WANTS US TO DO:
1. LOVING PEOPLE:
“’You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ’You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matt. 22:37-39).
• We must first abide in His love, then we can share it with others!
“As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.” (John 15:9).
• We love Him because He first loved us.
• The more we know His love, the more loving we will be.
• The love of Christ compels us. This is our motivation and foundation for ministry.
2. LEADING PEOPLE TO CHRIST:
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matt. 28:19-20).
• After loving God and people, the most important thing we can do is lead people to Christ.
• This is sometimes called ‘witnessing’ or ‘evangelism.’
• However – many Christians are afraid to do this – why? Perhaps because of the stereotypes of people standing on street corners or knocking on doors.
SIGNS TO KNOW AN OPPORTUNITY FOR WITNESS IS AT HAND:*
• Whenever the conversation naturally turns to any kind of spiritual subject.
• Whenever you heard a reference to God or Jesus that is not biblically based.
• Whenever they express a kind of problem they are having from which God previously rescued you (destructive habits, substance abuse, family problems, sin, etc).
• Whenever someone tells you they are a facing a life threatening medical problem and you know someone (or yourself) that prayed and God brought them through okay.
• Whenever they bring up a subject that you heard about in a sermon or recently read about in a Christian book. Whenever the Holy Spirit says for you to witness.
EVERYBODY HAS A STORY – TELL YOUR STORY!*
• The recipe for a good testimony will include these ingredients:
• A short story of who you were and what you were experiencing before coming to Christ.
• The personal factors that finally caused you to look to God for help.
• The personal details surrounding the actual surrender and submission to God’s will.
• A short story of who you have become and what you are now experiencing as a result of turning to God for help.
• An encouragement to those listening that they can experience the same results by submitting to Jesus Christ.
TELL MY PERSONAL TESTIMONY.
3. LEADING BELIEVERS INTO THE HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM:
THREE THINGS WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT:
“And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever; the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.” (John 14:16-17).