Summary: What kind of revival do we Need? This kind!
THE REVIVAL WE NEED
A. In light of the times, we need a revival
B. Definition of Revival:
1. Walter Boldt - “God at work restoring His church to health.”
2. Finney - “Return to the first love resulting in conversion of sinners.”
C. What kind of Revival do we need today?
I. REVIVAL THAT RESURRECTS THE CHURCHES.
A. Revival means a return to life
1. The return to life is resurrection
2. The example of Lazarus, dead four days.
3. New life to a church
B. A spiritual resurrection that is like the physical resurrection that will take place when Jesus comes
1. A revival that awakens the saints...the trumpet sound
2. A revival that gets the saints on the move
3. A revival that brings new vision
4. A Revival that makes the world take notice
C. What would happen if revival came to your church?
1. What do you long for at this church?
2. Are you willing to take the first step to make it happen?
II. A REVIVAL THAT REKINDLES OLD FIRES
A. Revive us AGAIN...must have been revived before
B. The Christian life is made up of many beginnings
C. Do you remember better days?
1. Days of dedication
2. Days of great expectations
3. Days of full committment
D. Paul’s word to the Galatians:
“Ye did run well”
E. Return to your Bethel ...Your greatest hour
1. The day you were saved
2. The time of your surrender to Christ
III. A REVIVAL THAT REBUILDS BROKEN FELLOWSHIP
A. That thy people
B. Our walk with God is individual but not isolated
C. We need one another
1. Blest be the tie that binds our hearts in Christian love.
2. Need to share, to care, to walk together again.
D. Consider the fellowship of the New Testament church
And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
E. The importance of looking beyond our borders
IV. A REVIVAL THAT RESTORES CHRISTIAN JOY
A. So many defeated Christians
B. So many cranky Christians
C. So many discouraged Christians
D. Do many backslidden Christians
E. The joy of the Lord is your Strength
Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
F. May God give you a song again
A. The call to personal revival
B. Most can live on higher ground