Summary: The Need of Hour is Revival--America is bankrupt & decaying. Our Prayer should be Revive Us Again It is Time for our Generation to have Revival
1. The Need of Hour is Revival--America is Bankrupt, decaying
2. Revive Us Again--History of Ups and Downs
a. Time for our Generation to have Revival
b. God used George Whitefield in 1730, Charles Finney in 1810, D.L. Moody in 1858, Billy Sunday in 1898.
I. REVIVAL IS:
A. Fire of God falling, Shout of King in Camp, Heavenly Manna on Church of God, Church going after Lost,
Hell-bound Sinners, Backslidden restored to his First Love, Church Desperately in Love with Jesus, Dew of
Heaven Falling, Recharging of Spirit of God, God’s People on Fire, Heaven Falling, Making Hell Mad
B. Returning, Recharging, Refilling, Going, Glowing, Refiring, Stirring, Refreshing, Rekindling, Revealing,
C. Those who Feel they Need Revival the least Need it Most!!
II. REVIVAL IS NOT:
A. Mere Emotionalism--Every Religion is Emotional
B. Good Singing
C. Polished Eloquence--Bullitens, Programs -- Revival will tear up Program
D. Great Crowd--Don’t worry me--I’d rather have 50 that live right than 500 that don’t.
III. REVIVAL IS EXALTATION OF GOD--Vs. 3
A. God is on the Throne--First Place--If God is not first place, no revival no matter how much you give, shout,
sing, etc. Today we work the Church around our plans, Our plans should be around the church.
1. We need to Rediscover the size of our God.
a. "Clouds are the dust of His feet"
b. "Measure Ocean in Palm of His hand
3. Child of God in Palm of His hand--All of them
B. Bring Knowledge of Who We Are
1. "Dust thou art and to dust thou shalt return"--Yet we live independently, selfishly, unthankful.
2. Angels fold wings crying, "Holy, Holy, Holy"
IV. REVIVAL IS DENUNCIATION OF SIN
A. People who Brag on themselves have never really seen God
1. Sin--Enemy to Spirituality
2. People use Pitchfork--Preaching and shooting at you!
a. Fits Tom, Sue, etc.--Sure preaching to them!
b. Devil wears a hypocrite shoe and if you’re not careful, He’ll slip it on you!!
c. See who’s coming to Altar, under Conviction
3. I don’t hear you criticizing Christians--I know where the Devil is--You don’t tithe, woman on side, Jealous, Envious, Self-righteous.
Note: If Deacons know so much about Preaching, why hadn’t God called you, run me off, and put you in?!
a. Judge saying--"I could do a better job"
b. Negro in woodpile
4. I Kings 18:17--Ahab--"Art thou He that troubleth Israel" -- Finding Fault--Points out you.
5. S-I-N--I TROUBLE
B. Need to Deal With Sin--Confess
C. Illustrate: A Lady told Billy Sunday she didn’t know what was the matter. He told her to "Guess at it" She
guessed it the first time.
C. Sin is like a Mouthful of Gravel
D. Sin of Church--See a member fall--like a hurt finger
E. Wages of Sin is Death--No play thing--No game -- Adam, Samson, Noah, Lot all got in trouble with sin
F. Sins of Saints--Wrecking Church
1. Gamblers, Harlots, Drunkards -- II Chron. 7:14--Pride, No Prayer, Disapproved, Repentance
2. You Non-Tithers, Non-Prayers, Jealous, UnFaithful, Unburdened, Careless are hindering Revival!
V. REVIVAL IS MANIFESTATION OF POWER OF GOD