Summary: The Need of Hour is Revival--America is bankrupt & decaying. Our Prayer should be Revive Us Again It is Time for our Generation to have Revival
1. The Need of Hour is Revival--America is Bankrupt, decaying
2. Revive Us Again--History of Ups and Downs
a. Time for our Generation to have Revival
b. God used George Whitefield in 1730, Charles Finney in 1810, D.L. Moody in 1858, Billy Sunday in 1898.
I. REVIVAL IS:
A. Fire of God falling, Shout of King in Camp, Heavenly Manna on Church of God, Church going after Lost,
Hell-bound Sinners, Backslidden restored to his First Love, Church Desperately in Love with Jesus, Dew of
Heaven Falling, Recharging of Spirit of God, God’s People on Fire, Heaven Falling, Making Hell Mad
B. Returning, Recharging, Refilling, Going, Glowing, Refiring, Stirring, Refreshing, Rekindling, Revealing,
C. Those who Feel they Need Revival the least Need it Most!!
II. REVIVAL IS NOT:
A. Mere Emotionalism--Every Religion is Emotional
B. Good Singing
C. Polished Eloquence--Bullitens, Programs -- Revival will tear up Program
D. Great Crowd--Don’t worry me--I’d rather have 50 that live right than 500 that don’t.
III. REVIVAL IS EXALTATION OF GOD--Vs. 3
A. God is on the Throne--First Place--If God is not first place, no revival no matter how much you give, shout,
sing, etc. Today we work the Church around our plans, Our plans should be around the church.
1. We need to Rediscover the size of our God.
a. "Clouds are the dust of His feet"
b. "Measure Ocean in Palm of His hand
3. Child of God in Palm of His hand--All of them
B. Bring Knowledge of Who We Are
1. "Dust thou art and to dust thou shalt return"--Yet we live independently, selfishly, unthankful.
2. Angels fold wings crying, "Holy, Holy, Holy"
IV. REVIVAL IS DENUNCIATION OF SIN
A. People who Brag on themselves have never really seen God
1. Sin--Enemy to Spirituality
2. People use Pitchfork--Preaching and shooting at you!
a. Fits Tom, Sue, etc.--Sure preaching to them!
b. Devil wears a hypocrite shoe and if you’re not careful, He’ll slip it on you!!
c. See who’s coming to Altar, under Conviction
3. I don’t hear you criticizing Christians--I know where the Devil is--You don’t tithe, woman on side, Jealous, Envious, Self-righteous.
Note: If Deacons know so much about Preaching, why hadn’t God called you, run me off, and put you in?!
a. Judge saying--"I could do a better job"
b. Negro in woodpile
4. I Kings 18:17--Ahab--"Art thou He that troubleth Israel" -- Finding Fault--Points out you.
5. S-I-N--I TROUBLE
B. Need to Deal With Sin--Confess
C. Illustrate: A Lady told Billy Sunday she didn’t know what was the matter. He told her to "Guess at it" She
guessed it the first time.
C. Sin is like a Mouthful of Gravel
D. Sin of Church--See a member fall--like a hurt finger
E. Wages of Sin is Death--No play thing--No game -- Adam, Samson, Noah, Lot all got in trouble with sin
F. Sins of Saints--Wrecking Church
1. Gamblers, Harlots, Drunkards -- II Chron. 7:14--Pride, No Prayer, Disapproved, Repentance
2. You Non-Tithers, Non-Prayers, Jealous, UnFaithful, Unburdened, Careless are hindering Revival!
V. REVIVAL IS MANIFESTATION OF POWER OF GOD
A. Ephesians 5:18--"Be filled with Spirit"--Manifested "SEEN"
1. Very seldom did you find anyone in first church of Jerusalem not filled.
2. Very seldom do you find today--people filled
B. Drunk Man--Compared
1. Talk all the time
3. Pentecost-"not drunk"
Note: A Sober Church Never Get Job Done
4. If it is sin to get drunk--Sin not to get drunk
5. Too many people too filled with self and sin
C. Bible says--"Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty"
D. Power of God--Brings Conviction--Lost sinners get SAVED!
E. Power of God--Brings Blessing--Luke 24:50--Blessed them
1. Go to church where God is
2. Drive 30 miles and get fed or walk a block and get fooled--Go
to church of Choice??--Better go where the Gospel is preached!!!
3. Don’t feel it--Shout cause your name is written in Heaven
4. Like a Happy Church--Don’t go to Church a to Fuss, Grumble, Gripe, Find Fault, Gossip
a. Do you Help or Hinder
b. Do you dash Water or add Kindling
c. Pharisees like deadness-are critical
5. John the Baptist--"Shouted in Mother’s Womb"
6. David shouted--"7 times a day"
Note: If Spirit of God not lead--Not spirit filled, Not Revived
YOU CAN’T HAVE REVIVAL WITHOUT MANIFESTATIONS
VI. REVIVAL PRODUCES MIRACLES
A. John--Miracle Baby--shouted at 6 mths--Baptized Jesus--Testifies Greatest
1. John did no miracles--Just Preached Repentance
2. Great Commission--Preach, Baptize, Teach
B. Greatest Miracle--Lost soul get saved
1. Why don’t you drink, cuss, adultery, Gamble, like you use to??--Got SAVED
2. Miracle--Liquor Bottle to Groceries, a Home
C. Produces Power For Soul-Winning
1. What kind of teacher lets Preacher build their class!--Your Little Pastorate
a. Andrew Got Peter
b. Samaritan Woman--Come see a man