Summary: This is the 1st sermon in the series "The Touch Of Jesus".
Series: The Touch Of Jesus [#1]
ROYAL OFFICIAL’S SON
1. In this series, I want us to look at different people that felt the touch of Jesus upon their lives. We must notice that when Jesus touches your life, it will never be the same again.
2. This royal official probably held a high position in Herod’s court.
3. His experience shows us five steps of a growing faith.
Step #1: Seeking Jesus
His faith in Jesus was born from:
1. A desperate need.
2. Hearing about Jesus.
3. Going to Jesus and asking Him to help.
Step #2: Belief
1. Jesus wanted the people to have a faith in Him that went beyond just physical signs. Faith is believing in something although none of your senses can pick up on it.
2. Belief in His Word was necessary.
3. This man was persistent.
Step #3: Obedience
1. Jesus gave the man a command and a promised result if he obeyed.
2. The man believed what Jesus said and obeyed.
3. Both faith and obedience were necessary to receive the promise and help of Jesus.
Step #4: Confirmed
1. As the man was on the way home, his faith was confirmed by the news that his son was healed.
2. Notice also that he asked what time the boy was healed and realized that it happened right when Jesus said he was healed.
3. Jesus always does what He promises.
Step #5: Witnessing
1. The man witnessed to his entire house-hold and they all believed.
2. Witnessing for Jesus was not easy for this man.
3. He was a high official that worked in a corrupt and evil government; but he witnessed anyhow.
1. How strong is your faith?
2. Faith is the victory.
3. Trust and obey.