Summary: Where will we run in time of need?
Sermon - Run to the mountains
- I’m going to bring you a message that is, in part, a lot like the scales being rolled
back from my eyes.
- This is a message geared towards our Independence Day that we celebrated
- Today I see mankind being brought to life, & it has begun at the very start of our
- There is one Word in scripture that is a symbol of God’s Righteousness.
- However, this Word can be taken symbolically, or literally. Then, as I Hope we’ll
see, it can mean both!
- Let’s begin with the Word.
6 Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; thy judgments are a great deep: O Lord, thou preservest man and beast.
- The Word is Mountains. God’s Righteousness is compared to the vastness, the powe,
& the emotion that I could never reach the top of this mountain.
- Now that we have the Word, let’s pray that God will open our minds to understand
what His Word means.
- As many times as I’ve read my key scripture it never crossed my mind that the Word
Mountains could be taken symbolically, as well a literally.
- This shows that this is the message for such a time as this.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
Q- What, or should I say Who, will save the Jews in their time of great tribulation?
Q- What, or should I say Who, will save us in this time of distress?
- The answer, the Mountains. It is God!
- I want you to notice what happens just after John laid out what was going to
take place as Jesus opened the seals, & Jacob’s trouble is about to begin, in
the book of Revelation.
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
- Think about how he began. After these things.
Q- What things?
1. The Anti-Christ has been revealed, & deceptively come into power.
2. Great warfare has broken out all over the world.
3. Great famine has broken out across the world. People will work all day for little food.
4. 1/4th of the world’s population is killed by the sword, famine, plague, & the beasts of
5. A massive earthquake shakes the world, the sun turns black, the moon turns blood
red, the heavens recede like a roll, the mountains & islands move from out of their
place. (All of These I think show how bad the earthquake was. Everything shaken
dust thrown so high everything is darkened.)
- People realize, with great clarity, What it is That’s taking place. It’s God’s judgement!
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
- All walks of life are crying out, because they realize God truly is!
- Six seals have been opened, & this world has been rocked to it’s very core!
- Notice though, the people recognized God, but did not turn to Him.
- The 144,000 Jews do recognize Him. They run to the mountains. Not just the
physical ones, for protection. They run to the great mountains, it’s Christ the
- Just like at the moment of Pentecost, God sealed those who are His!