Summary: It is a race that is : 1.Set 2.Planned 3.Focused 5. Confident 6.Disciplined 7.Informed 8.Public
Hebrews 12. 1,21 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a great outstanding feature of the Christian is that cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
- 1896 I Olympiad Summer Olympics, held in Athens, Greece, from April 6 to April 15
- Women’s marathon was introduced at the 1984 Summer Olympics
- The 2004 Summer Olympics revived the traditional route from Marathon to Athens
- A Marathon is 26 miles 385 yards
- Standardized in the 1908 Olympic Games in London; this peculiarly precise figure was the distance between the starting-point at Windsor Castle and the finish at White City Stadium
- Prize is $500,000
- The Boston Marathon, the oldest marathon in the United States
- More than 800 marathons are contested throughout the world each year
- For training the elite marathon runners will have weekly mileages of over 100 mile
The Great Wall of China,
The Big Five Marathon among the safari wildlife of South Africa,
The Great Tibetan Marathon at an altitude of 3500 meters,
The Polar Circle Marathon on the permanent ice cap of Greenland in @ +5 degrees Fahrenheit
- The Intercontinental Istanbul Eurasia Marathon is the only marathon where participants run over two continents, Europe and Asia, during the course of a single event
- Larry Macon ran 93marathons in 2007
- As of June 30, 2007, Horst Preisler of Germany had successfully completed 1157 marathons plus 343 ultramarathons, a total of 1500 events at marathon distance or longer.
- Pheidippides (or Philippides), the Athenian runner who, according to Herodotus (6. 105–6), was sent to request help from Sparta before the battle of Marathon in 490 BC. He arrived there the day after he left Athens, covering in that time a distance of 200 km. (125 miles) or more. He ran from Athens to Marathon (a distance of about 40 km., 25 miles) in order to join in the battle against the Persians, then ran back to Athens and, having announced the victory (‘Greetings, we win!’), dropped dead.
- For most runners is their personal finish time and their placement within their specific gender and age group, though some runners want just to finish
- For the believer.
It is a Race that is:—
TV The Amazing Race, a reality show since 2001
Eleven teams will compete in THE AMAZING RACE 13, traveling over 30,000 miles, spanning five continents, in 23 days, all starting from the world famous Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, site of the
1932 and 1984 Olympics.. They never know where they go next or what they have to do once there. The winning team win $1,000,000
- Let us run the race."
- Contest, Conflict, Struggle, Fight
- A man in a race is always wide awake. "
- This one thing I do" seems written on his countenance.