Summary: This sermon reminds that God instituted marriage for man and woman not SAME SEX.
Text: Matthews 19:4
Terms that has distorted the sanctity of humanity:
Gays-Men desiring men.
Ms. Thing-Gay man.
Lesbians-Women desiring women.
Transgender-Acting different from the way one was born.
Bisexuals-People who go both ways.
Heterosexual-desire for the opposite sex.
Transvestite-Men who dress like a women.
Sugar in the tank-Gay men.
Funny-Gay men or women.
Freaks-Unusual or abnormal behavior.
Marriage is under attack in three ways:
A. Those who believe that’s it’s optional (Live together)
B. Those who believe it’s disposable. (Drop one and Try another)
C. Those who believe it’s re-definable. (Same sex marriage)
*Marriage is a union between a man and a woman. It is governed by the principles of the word of God. *
Scriptural Prohibitions against Same-Sex immoralities:
• Genesis Chapter 19 (Men acted perversely)
• Judges Chapter 19:15-25 (Men acted perversely)
• 1 Kings 14:24 (Temple Prostitutes)
• Romans 1:26-31 (Unnatural affections)
• Lev. 18:22 (Prohibition against same sex immoralities)
• Matt. 19:4 (He made men and women different)
• Mark 10:6 (He made men and women different)
(Important note: Sex between animals and people is explicitly forbidden)
• Ex. 22:19
• Lev. 18:23
• Deu. 27:21
I. SAME SEX LOVE IS PERSMISSIBLE IN THE BIBLE. (In a genuine friendship way only)
• Esau and Jacob (Genesis 33:4)
• Ruth and Naomi (Ruth 1:16)
• David and Jonathan (2 Sam. 1:26)
II. SAME SEX MARRIAGE IS PROHIBITED BY THE BIBLE.
• Lev. 18:22
• Rom. 1:25-27
III. SAME SEX MARRIAGE UNDERMINES THE DIVINE SYMBOLIZIM.
• Symbol of Christ and the Church
• Not Christ and Christ
• Not the Church and the Church
IV. MARRIAGE IS GOD DEFINED AND GOD ORDAINED.
• Matt. 19:4-6 (Male and Female)
• Matt. 19:4-6 (Union between two flesh)
V. THE PATTERN FOR MARRIAGE.
• A Prayerful choice
• A Prayerful couple
• A Perpetual covenant
VI. THE PICTURE OF MARRIAGE
• Christ’s love for the church
• Church faithfulness or faithlessness to Christ.
• Savior’s love and the eternal worth of the bride.
VII. THE PSYCHOLOGY OF MARRIAGE.
• He -man needs a she- man.
• Woman fits man psychologically. (Gen. 2:18)
• Opposite sex are often best friends.
• Woman fills the void in man.
VIII. THE PROBLEM OF SAME SEX MARRIAGE.
• No natural intimacy
• No Procreation (Gen. 1:28)
• God did not give same- sex partners the ability to obey Him because it was prohibited by Him.
IX. GENIUINE PARTNERSHIP REQUIRES SOME LEVELS OF DIFFERENCE.
• Men are physically stronger.
• Women are for the most part, more compassionate.
• Women are frequently more loyal. (The women at the cross)
• Men are not easily deceived.) (Adam was not deceived.)
• The differences between the sexes compliment each other.
Conclusion: The final authority for what constitutes marriages is not the church nor the state but the LORD.