Summary: Life is precious, even in the womb. But we live in an evil time when babies are expendable. How do we respond to the world around us regarding abortion... and what do we do with unwed girls who have gotten pregnant or who have had an abortion?
OPEN: (We showed a legal commentary on abortion by Judge Napolitano (Fox News Contributor) http://video.foxnews.com/v/4715240588001/napolitano-on-abortion-its-not-a-controversy-its-killing/?#sp=show-clips ... We began at the beginning and showed it thru 1:46 time marker)
On January 22, 1973, the Supreme Court legalized abortion-on-demand in all 50 states. In 1984, President Ronald Reagan issued a proclamation designating January 22nd to be National Sanctity of Human Life Day.
Last Year (2015) abortion became a hot-button issue because a group of pro-life activists released a series of undercover videos showing their covert discussions with Planned Parenthood officials. The pro-life activists posed as buyers of human baby body parts and recorded all the conversations for release to the public. The resulting backlash turned out to be REALLY embarrassing to Pro-abortion movement.
Some of conversations included…
• Dr. Deborah Nucatola, Planned Parenthood’s senior director for medical services told actors posing as organ traffickers: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that. So I’m not gonna crush that part. I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
• In another video Holly O’Donnell, a former StemExpress technician who harvested the parts from the aborted babies at a Planned Parenthood clinic explained: “We were asked to procure certain tissues like brain, livers, thymus, pancreas, heart, lungs, and pretty much anything on the fetus. It’s basically a huge trafficking of fetal tissues. StemExpress is a company that hires procurement techs to draw blood and dissect dead fetuses and sell the parts to researchers.”
• In a 3rd video Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast Research Director Melissa Farrell was shown trying to negotiate a business agreement with investigators posing as organ buyers. They discussed how they could defend increased payments for more valuable organs even though the law only permits payment for costs. “It’s all just a matter of line items,” she says.
I could tell you more… but what I’ve just read is really bad enough as it is.
The videos were basically an exposé of the dark underbelly of the abortion industry. And a lot of politicians/ media and entertainment stars were furious.
How dare pro-life folks deceive Planned Parenthood into telling… the truth.
Many even said that the videos were faked.
But they weren’t.
Still, pro-abortion folks have adamantly refused to accept the obvious: this is an evil industry. But why would politicians, the media and many in the entertainment industry continue to defend this?
Well, there are at least a couple of reasons:
1st - to them - this is not a child.
It’s just tissue.
It’s really not life yet.
Is that true?
Biblically there are several passages that tell us the baby in the womb is a baby in the womb. In our passage this morning from Psalm 139 for example we read:
• “you knit me together in my mother’s womb.”
• “My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place”
• “Your eyes saw my unformed body” (Psalm 139:13-16)
Later, in the book of Jeremiah, God says to Jeremiah:
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you…” Jeremiah 1:5
And when Mary came to her cousin Elizabeth to share that she was going to bear the Christ child, Elizabeth replied: “As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy.” Luke 1:44
The Bible is very clear on the fact that God made us in the womb, and that God regards babies in the womb as being children - not tissue.
So, that’s the Bible…
What about science?
Well, look at this picture: (We put a graphic on the screen that showed children in the womb from 1 month on thru the 9th month)
Looks suspiciously like a baby doesn’t it?
Every month that child is unmistakably a child.
But pro-abortion proponents say it’s STILL just tissue.
So let’s consider the issue of “tissue”.
(We put a meme on the screen showing an eagle egg on one side and a human baby in the womb on the other - http://lifeonmavenue.blogspot.com/2012_08_01_archive.html)
Over here (pointing to the Eagle egg) is an Eagle egg.
Did you realize that it is illegal to destroy such eggs. In addition it is illegal to destroy the eggs of various other birds and various turtle species. And that’s understandable. Those birds and turtles are all endangered species.
But (pointing again to the egg) that’s just an egg.
It’s just tissue.
It’s not REALLY a bird is it?
Well, as far as scientists are concerned… yes it is an bird.
And if you destroy that egg, you can fined and even imprisoned.
But, if that’s bird (pointing to the picture) then THAT’S a baby.
(We put up a meme showing the meaning of the word “Fetus” found at http://www.personhood.com/14_disturbing_facts_about_abortion_that_you_need_to_know)