Summary: Peter urges the church body to come together, in the same mind of Christ. Our actions and the conversation of our lives should uphold a godly life. This may provoke the question for our hope. YOUR ANSWER COULD BE THE DIFFERENCE of life and death to th
2011.01.16A.Sermon Sanctified in the LORD
Peter urges the church body to come together, in the same mind. Our actions and the conversation of our lives should uphold a godly life.
Unity among believers, Righteous Living, What’s your message of hope?
As Children of God, we have family values to keep in our daily walk.
Exposition of 1 Peter 3:8-15
8. Be of one mind, as family, with the same mission in life. Showing Compassion, Love, Sympathy, Courtesy and Kindness to everyone. This should be our witness, our walk and our talk (conversation)
9. Not returning evil for evil. This is an animal instinct. When we are treated wrongly, the natural ‘world’ response is to lash back. We are to be Godly, therefore, return good for evil. Good or blessing. Make someone happy. Bless them. Bless your enemies, and perhaps they shall see the witness of Christ in you. Blessings to those who hurt you heaps fiery coals upon them. Don’t do this out of contempt, but rather in love as God loves the whole world, and sent Jesus (Good) to pay our (evil) ransom. Good for bad.
10. Speak good. James tells us out of the mouth comes cursing and blessing. Peter says, Let it be blessing.
11. Run from evil, do good, seek and pursue peace. James says Resist the devil and he will flee from you, Peter says run from evil. If we run from evil, then we should be running toward GOD. We are to do good, the godly thing to do, the goodly thing to do. And go after peace.
Matthew 5:9 (KJV) Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
12. God watches over the righteous and hears their prayers. But he is stern to those who practice evil. As a Father to his children, He cares for us, and listens to us. But to those who are disobedient, and have rejected him, His face is against them.
1 Peter 3:12 (KJV) For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.
13. God is with you, who can truly harm you? If God the creator, who holds life in a balance, is the maker of life and the judge unto death. If we are on the LORD’s side, who else can harm us? If God holds the keys to life after death, what can man do to us? Usher us into God’s presence? I heard it said that this is why other countries fear the American soldier, because of our Faith in God to eternal life. The enemy even knows what we stand for!
14 You may be called to suffer for Christ. This happens to many Christians, but understand and be blessed when you suffer. Fear not. All across the globe, Christians are being persecuted for the cause of Christ. It is not typically a life and death thing in America, but in other nations, many are persecuted to death, yet take the stand for Christ.
James 1:2-4 (KJV) 2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.