Summary: Satan does not want our church to exist!
1 PETER 5:8 “SATAN’S PLAN TO DESTROY RAINBOW LAKE COMMUNITY CHURCH”
A) Satan has a plan to destroy Rainbow Lake Community Church!
* He does not like this Church! * This plan has not changed since the fall of mankind!
* What is this plan? * Let me give you about 5 things that is in Satan’s plan to destroy us .......
(1) SATAN’S PLAN IS TO DISTORT OUR LOVE! * 3 areas in which Satan distorts our love:
A) Our Love For God - Deut. 6:5 “And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart .......”
* This means to love God with your whole being ... Your heart, soul and might!
* Love God as your very own God! * This is a personal relationship, not a distant one!
* The heart is the inner part, the inner man of the person!
* The heart is the seat of man’s affection and will, his devotion!
* So we are to focus our heart, our affection and our will, our devotion upon God!
* The soul is the life of man, the consciousness, the breath, the essence, the being of man!
* Christ said that we are to love God “With all our soul,” that is, with all our life, our breath, our
consciousness! * We are to love God with all the breath and consciousness, all the life we have!
* Our might, Jesus uses the word “strength.” * It means full strength, all the strength of a person!
* It means to use up one’s strength thoroughly, to the point of exhaustion!
* We are to love God with all our heart, soul, and might! * You cannot love God any other way!
* And Satan is out to distort our love for God ... Don’t let him do it to you!
B) Our Love For One Another - John 15:12 “This is my commandment, That ye love one .......”
* Please notice ... This is a commandment, not a suggestion!
* We are to love our fellow believers as God has loved us!
* If we do this, if we love our fellow Christians, what will be our actions toward other Christians?
* The answer is found in Rom. 13:10 “Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is ...”
* The word ill means evil ... Love worketh no evil to a neighbour!
* To work evil against a person does not mean just the doing or the carrying out of evil against a
person! * Working evil means ... Thinking evil, wishing and hoping evil,
* Planning and devising evil, practicing and doing evil, and withholding good!
* Note the last fact, for it is often overlooked, but Scripture clearly states that withholding good
from a person is evil! * Turn to Prov. 3:27-29
* The message is we should love one another, but Satan wants to distort our love for each other!
C) Our Love For Lost - Matt. 5:43-48 * We are to love the lost, we are to love them in Christ!
* We are to witness to them, and do all in our power to win them to Jesus!
* The reason we don’t witness to the lost like we should is because we don’t love the lost like
we should! * Satan wants to destroy our love for the lost, don’t let him!
(2) SATAN’S PLAN IS TO DIVIDE OUR LOYALTIES!
A) Our Loyalties To The Person Of God - Josh. 24:15 “Choose you this day whom ye .......”
* We must choose who we are going to be loyal to ... God or Satan!
* The word loyal means: True and faithful to love, promise, duty, or other obligations!
B) Our Loyalties To The People Of God - 2 Cor. 8:4 “Praying us with much intreaty that we
would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints.”
* Satan wants to distort our loyalties to each other!
C) Our Loyalties To The Purpose Of God - Rom. 8:28 “And we know that all .......”
* Satan wants to distort our loyalties to the purposes of God!
D) Our Loyalties To The Pastors Of God - Heb. 13:17 “Obey them which have .......”
* Satan wants to distort our loyalties to the Pastor!
E) Our Loyalties To The Place Of Worship - Psa. 26:8 “Lord, I have loved the habitation .......”
* Satan wants to distort our love for God’s house, our place of worship!
(3) SATAN’S PLAN IS TO DISHONOR OUR LEADERSHIP!
A) To Dishonor The Leadership Of Truth - John 16:13 “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is
come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall