Summary: Revelation 12:9, 11 The great dragon was hurled down — that ancient SERPENT called the DEVIL, or SATAN, who leads the whole world astray....  They OVERCAME him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their liv
Satan’s Tactics and Strategies
Revelation 12:9, 11 The great dragon was hurled down — that ancient SERPENT called the DEVIL, or SATAN, who leads the whole world astray....  They OVERCAME him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.
•• The “serpent” of Eden was the devil, Satan!
• God wants us to OVERCOME him.
• By the blood of the Lamb, the Name of the Lord Jesus, and the Word of God.
• Another important weapon is in the next verse.
2 Corinthians 2:11 ...in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.
•• We need to be aware of Satan’s schemes, of Satan’s tactics.
• So today let’s examine the bible’s first account of the tactics of Satan.
Genesis 1:31a God saw all that he had made, and it was VERY GOOD.
•• The devil is looking to turn “very good” things into very bad! Be aware of this scheme.
• Take heed to your marriage.
• Take heed to your walk with God.
• Elders, take heed to the health of the church.
•• Anywhere you think you are standing strong, take heed lest you fall.
Genesis 2:16-17 And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden;  but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.”
•• Devil’s schemes? — Expect him to feature areas of “forbidden fruit.”
• Drugs, alcohol
• A romantic interest other than your spouse
• Immoral acts and movies, indecent magazines, etc.
Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more CRAFTY than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must NOT eat from ANY TREE in the garden’?”
•• Of great importance — Satan is very, very CRAFTY. Other versions = “subtle, cunning.”
• He will rarely attack you openly, straightforwardly.
• Because of his crafty nature, Satan’s tactics in temptation will tend to be tricky, sly, understated, subtle.
•• Expect Satan to cast doubt on God’s Word.
• Satan: “Did God really say...?”
• Satan: “Billy Graham, do you really believe that Bible is truly the inspired, faultless Word of God?”
• Satan: “New Christian, do you really believe all that stuff those other Christians tell you from the Bible?”
• Satan: “Does God really mean that ‘wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise’?” (Proverbs 20:1)
•• Expect Satan to twist God’s Word.
• Satan: “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” — Go back and see: God did NOT say that!
• (2:16f) God said they could eat from every tree except one.
• Satan: “Jesus, throw yourself off the temple into the angels’ hands.”
• Satan: “You’re doing a good enough job for the Lord, He’ll overlook that affair!”
• Satan: “Mister, the bible says, ‘Unto the pure all things are pure.’ So you just looking at that lady won’t hurt.”
• Satan to an unhappy wife: “God wants you to be happy, so leave that miserable husband!”
• Satan to a Christian "social drinker": “Jesus drank wine, so you should also.” But the Bible never actually says Jesus drank alcoholic wine.