Summary: A SS lesson on the results of attempting to hide our sin
An ant-drug commercials...
....flashes a bunch of young faces on the screen....
....one person says something like: “I support terrorism...”
....another says, “I murder people...”
....then another says, “It’s no big deal, I’m just doing it for fun.”...
.... “I’m not hurting anybody.”
Satan’s ambush on God’s people
Sin – See, Want, Take, Hide
Adam – Ge. 3:1-10 (Gen. 3:6-8)
- Sin has a promising aspect – Ge. 3:6
… tree was good for food
- Sin has a inviting aspect
... pleasant to the eyes
- Sin has a selfish aspect
… a tree to be desired to make one wise
- The “sin” of Adam and Eve is that they want to be “like God.”
- They did not want to depend on God for the guidance of what is good and evil.
- They wanted independence apart from God
- The first results of sin are sin hame & avoidance
- Lost fellowship with God
- Sin separates us from God
Secret sin effects others
Achan’s sin – Jos. 7
Jos 7:21 I Saw
- David with Bathsheba 2 Sa. 11-12
- Then with - Solomon now with Reheboam & Jereboam
- Israel’s idolatry
Ananias and Sapphira
Every thought that enters a man’s mind is a test, to see what his reaction will be.
• Conceal your sin and you lose
• Ignore your sin and you lose
• Enjoy you sin and you lose
Where are you with your secret Sin? – See, Want, Take, Hid
Numbers 32:23 (AV)
23 But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out.
Psalm 90:8 (AV)
8 Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light of thy countenance.
Victory in Jesus