Summary: If we truly want to experience victory in our life we must follow Jesus example...
Keys to a victorious life.
As we find Jesus approaching Gethsemane, (getting close to the time when he was going to be slander) we learn of some basics key factors that will help us to keep focus on the goal to obtain the victory, just as he did.
I. (v.36) We cannot fight alone. …He told the disciples,…
· Jesus knew how to engage in spiritual warfare, He had his disciples whith him, he was not alone.
· There will be times when you need the spiritual support from other believers.
· Believers that can and will pray with you.
II. (v.37,38) Select those that are going to be on your side. Taking along Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, He began to be sorrowful and deeply distressed.
· You need to be really careful when looking for spiritual support, don’t just pick anybody.
· Jesus picked those that were very close to his heart.
· It is important that you are willing to open up and share your problems with others just as Jesus did.
III. (v.39) We need to humble our self before the Lord. Going a little farther, He fell facedown and prayed, “My Father!
· Jesus in his humanity recognized his need of having to depend from his Father to be able to accomplish the mission. (Phillippians 2:8 He humble himself by becoming obedient…)
· We must be willing to humble before the Lord and cry out to him, Father! James 4:10 Humble yourselves before the Lord,…
· The idea is to seek and ask for His will to be done.
IV. (v.41) Good intentions are not enough… intentional prayer life is a must. Stay awake and pray,… the spirit is willing but the flesh is WEAK”.
· We need to be on guard, on the look out, the battle is serious but if we call to our Father, we will overcome temptation.
· We need to be constantly talking with our Father.
· Our relationship with our Father is the main key factor for a victorious life.
There is not a magic formula to obtain victory over the many problems that we face in this earth here today.
But there is a way that you can obtain victory over your daily problems and that is by having a relationship with God the Father thru His Son Jesus Christ.
· Present Jesus as Savior and pray.
· Pray for victory in Jesus.