Summary: Contemplating the vastness of space and answering the question whether we are alone in the universe the reason for the stars.
Psalm 97:6 KJV The heavens declare his righteousness, and all
the people see his glory.
- Stars galaxies, quasars, pulsars shout forth God’s glory
- About 3,000 stars can be seen with the naked eye.
- Science estimates 10↗21 stars
- Other estimates 70,000 million million million
- Or 3000 million billion stars
- To understand this think of the number of grains of sand on the earth’s seashores is estimated to be 10↗25.
- Earth’s sands appears to equal the number of stars in the universe
- The Bible also says that each star is unique like snow flakes
There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory.
I. Our Speed Through Space
- The earth revolves around the sun once a year. It also rotates on
its axis every 24 hours.
- The earth’s spin results in a surface speed of 1,000 miles per hour
at the equator.
- The average passenger plane flies at 500 mph
- The speed of the earth due to orbital motion around the sun is 66
times greater still.
- Earth is also moving around the Sun at about 67,000 miles per hour
- During an average human’s lifetime (70 trips around the sun), 41
billion miles are traveled.
- 186,000 miles a second or 6 trillion miles in a year
- Solar-system travel around the galaxy.....500,000 mph
- Overall motion of the galaxy...................1.1 million mph
- The fastest rocket to leave the Earth’s atmosphere traveling to
Pluto at 36,000 mph.
- New Horizons spacecraft, an Atlas V rocket with five boosters
strapped on it lunched Jan. 19.
- The spacecraft passed by the moon in nine hours.
- It took the Apollo astronauts three days to get that far on a Saturn
V rocket, the largest rocket ever launched from Earth.
- Ps 144:3-4 KJV LORD, what is man,that thou takest knowledge
of him! or the son of man, that thou makest account of him! 4 Man is like to vanity: his days are as a shadow that passeth away.
- Psalm 144:3-4The Message - I wonder why you care, God—
why do you bother with us at all? All we are is a puff of air; we’re like shadows in a campfire.
- Man is bent on denying God - 2x Ps 14:1, 53:1
Psalm 14:1KJV The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 10:4KJV The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.
- Instead man seeks for ET
- A great number of astronomers think that, since life supposedly
evolved here on earth, it must have evolved near one of the many stars out there
- SETI (Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence)
- The first SETI conference took place at Green Bank in 1961
- Despite all the listening, on thousands of frequencies over many
years, nothing indicating intelligent life has ever been heard.
- Apr. 99 Astronomers discovered the first solar system other than
our own. It has three planets orbiting a star that is 44 light years away (Upsilon Andromeda)
- Proxima Centauri (Latin: meaning ’next to’ or ’nearest - a red
dwarf star approximately 4.2 light-years distant in the constellation of Centaurus
- Over 270 planets have been discovered around other stars
- A number of months ago, Hugh Ross & various astronomers tried
to find a twin of the Sun using six different star properties.
- Only four or five stars out of more than 100,000 had
characteristics similar enough to fit this category,
- Of those few still had differences that disqualified them
II. Are We Alone In the Universe?
- No - There are Spirit beings - Angels & Demons
- Yes - To Aliens
- Why there is no Aliens
1. We Are Created in the Image of God
- His love is for us
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
2. Jesus Died Just Once for us
- Scripture says mankind is not an insignificant or a result of
12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.