Summary: Our God is present and active in the midst of our troubles.
We always see trouble arising in our life. No matter if its at home, our children, or our jobs we see trouble. Since this is a fact, we should be glad to be able to see God in along side of us.
Psalms 46:1 (KJV)
1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
I. God is Our Refuge!
- He can be, and is, a covering for us in the midst of trouble.
- He is the place where we can run in and be safe
II. God is Our Resource! ("And Strength)
- He is the supplier of our needs.
- He is our strength through our weak times.
III. God Resides with us! ("a very present help in trouble")
- He is always Present, for He is Omnipresent.
- Trouble can never sneak up on a believer, for God never leaves us nor forsakes us.
- He lives within the heart and soul of a believer.
Even the rest of this Psalms proves these points.
REFUGE so there is no need to fear!
Psalms 46:2-3 (KJV)
2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
RESOURCE-supplies for us.
Psalms 46:4 (KJV)
4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
RESIDES- He's in the midst of her
Psalms 46:5 (KJV)
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.