Seek Wisdom For A Healthy Prayer Life.
Contributed by Wade Martin Hughes, Sr on Nov 10, 2018 (message contributor)
Summary: We need a good effective prayer life. Let us consider 21 things to develop a good habit of prayer.
A GOOD PLAN FOR PRAYER.
LORD, WE PRAY SEEKING FOR YOU TO HEAR OUR PRAYERS AND ANSWER FROM HEAVEN…
By Wade Martin Hughes, Sr.
2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 (MSG) and my people, my God-defined people, respond by humbling themselves, praying, seeking my presence, and turning their backs on their wicked lives, I'll be there ready for you: I'll listen from heaven, forgive their sins, and restore their land to health.
PRAY FOR THE LOST AND BACKSLIDDEN THAT ARE LAUGHING ON THE WAY TO HELL. (Luke 15: 4-9, Luke 16:23, Luke 19:10, Mark 8:36)
Luke 15:4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? 5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. 7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. 8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?
9 And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.
Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
2. PRAY FOR WORKERS IN THE HARVEST. The harvest is great. Lord encourage and empower those that are working. Lord please call more faithful workers to help in the harvest. (Matthew 9:38, Luke 10:2)
Matthew 9:38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.
Luke 10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
3. PRAY FOR THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM. (Psalms 122:6)
Psalm 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.
4. PRAY THE UNFAITHFUL WILL RETURN TO FAITHFULNESS. (Hebrews 10:25, Matthew 16:26, 1 Corinthians 4:2)
Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
1 Corinthians 4:2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
5. PRAY THAT THE GOD WOULD PROTECT US FROM THE LUKEWARM FEELING AND THE FALLING AWAY. (2 Thessalonians 2:3, Revelations 3:16)
2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
Revelation 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
6. PRAY ON A REGULAR BASIS FOR YOUR FAMILY THAT MAY BE LIVING IN SIN. (Job 1:5)
Job 1:5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.
7. PRAY FOR A HEDGE OF PROTECTION (Job 1:10, Ezekiel 22:30)
Job 1:10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
8. PRAY FOR WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING. (James 1:5, 1 Kings 4:29)
James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
1 Kings 4:29 And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore.
9. PRAY THE OUR WORK WILL BEAR FRUIT. Some 30, 60, and 100… may we be 100 fold… John 15 tells us of 4 degrees of fruit: No fruit, fruit, more fruit, much fruit… May we reach our potential? (Matthew 13:8, 2 Corinthians 9:10, 1 Corinthians 3:6 )