Summary: An indepth explanation of the Kingdom of God, What it means to seek the Kingdom of God and living a Kingdom Minded life is what this message is about.
Title: Seeking A Kingdom Minded Life
Text: Matt 6:33
One night, a group of thieves broke into a jewelry store. But rather than stealing anything, they simply switched all the price tags. The next day no one could tell what was valuable and what was cheap. The expensive jewels had suddenly become cheap, and the costume jewelry, which had been virtually worthless before, was suddenly of great value. Customers who thought they were purchasing valuable gems were getting fakes. Those who couldn’t afford the higher priced items were leaving the store with treasures.
In our world someone came in and switched all the price tags. It’s hard to tell what is of value and what is not. Great value is given to the accumulation of material wealth and the power that goes with it. The world puts a high price on popularity, prestige, beauty, and fame. But Jesus taught that such things are virtually worthless in the only “jewelry store” that matters: the kingdom of God.
- Developing a Kingdom mentality is what we are going to look at this morning.
- We are going to see what matters in the Kingdom of God and how to develop it in our daily lives.
- What is the Kingdom of God? How do we seek it in our lives? What is the purpose of the Kingdom of God? How does it reside in us? Are some of the questions we are going to answer.
Explanation Of The Kingdom Of God:
- Before we start into the message let me give you a few points concerning the Kingdom of God to help understand what Jesus meant.
- It’s purpose is to do God’s will on earth as His will is done in Heaven. (The Lord’s Prayer Matt 6:10)
- As Christians we are citizens of the Kingdom of God. John 3:3 and 5 say, “Jesus said, I tell you the truth, no one can see the Kingdom of God unless He is born again. Jesus answered, I tell you the truth, no one can enter the Kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.”
- The Kingdom of God resides in all who have the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit.
- The Kingdom of God is in all who have been born again.
- Now what do we learn from these points and how do we put them together?
1. The kingdom implies a King, and our King is Jesus
- not me
2. Entrance into the Kingdom is by new birth
- there is no other way to Heaven but through Jesus.
3. The kingdom is not eating and drinking but rather righteousness, peace and joy in the Spirit.
- determine to live for God. Let the Holy Spirit rule and reign in your heart.
- the more we become Christ’s subjects in His kingdom the more, righteous we become, the more peace we experience and the more joy fills our lives.
- Only Jesus can make us righteous, peaceful and full of joy.
- All our righteousness are as filthy rages the Bible says.
- The Bible also says in Rom 3:10-12, “There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. All have turned away. Together they have become useless; there is no one who does good, there is not even one.”
- That’s why we need to seek Jesus righteousness not our own good works.