Summary: You'd be surprised at how many people God greatly used in their latter years. This message looks at several who had God-filled senior moments!
2 Corinthians 4:15-18 (KJV) "For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God. For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Next Saturday afternoon, from 12 to 4, we're having a fellowship time and meal for all those over 50
And in light of that, and in honor of our seniors here at West Road, I want to speak for a few moments on SENIOR MOMENTS
Now, this message is for everyone, because if you're not a senior this morning, and if the Lord tarries and you live long enough, you will be
Now you see, we all know what we mean when we talk about “Senior Moments”
It’s when you try to do something, or think of something, and you’re totally without a clue
You can’t remember where you put your bifocals
• You know you’re getting older when the only thing you want for your birthday is not to be reminded of it.
• One Senior said: “When the doctor asked what I did for exercise, I said pushing ninety is exercise enough!”
• Another Senior said: “There are four advantages to getting old and forgetful: One, you meet new friends every day; two, every joke you hear is new; three, you can hide your own Easter eggs; and I forget the fourth thing.”
Now, I know some people are very sensitive about their age
One precious lady said as she was being interviewed and was asked: “I see your birthday is April 12. What year?” Her simple reply was, “Every year.”
I don’t know why they call those “Senior Moments” because at 33, I have a lot of “Senior Moments”
But Paul in our text here, gives us something very powerful
He says that though the outward man perishes – that’s the “Senior Moment”
Yet the inward man is renewed day by day – that’s the “God-filled Senior Moments!”
• Proverbs 4:18 18But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
• 2 Corinthians 4:7 7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
The truth of the matter is that while we
We ought not to be “giving out” but “gearing up”
And the reason is because “its an inside job”
Darnell and I heard on the News the other day about how somebody cut the wires to the fence at the place where they stored stolen goods that they have recovered, and stole several bicycles
I told Darnell that it had to be "an inside job"
And that's they way it is when we talk about getting older