Summary: Generational Wealth, also called family wealth or multi-generational wealth which is wealth passed down from one generation to another, is very significant. Christians create generational wealth by investing in the Kingdom of God. The Shunemite Woman is a typical example...
DO NOT LIMIT THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL (PART 5): GOD WILL ASSIGN SOMEONE TO YOUR CASE!
1. 2 Kings 8:1 Then Elisha spoke to the woman whose son he had restored to life, saying, “Arise and go, you and your household, and stay wherever you can; for the Lord has called for a famine, and furthermore, it will come upon the land for seven years.” 2 So the woman arose and did according to the saying of the man of God, and she went with her household and dwelt in the land of the Philistines seven years. 3 It came to pass, at the end of seven years, that the woman returned from the land of the Philistines; and she went to make an appeal to the king for her house and for her land. 4 Then the king talked with Gehazi, the servant of the man of God, saying, “Tell me, please, all the great things Elisha has done.” 5 Now it happened, as he was telling the king how he had restored the dead to life, that there was the woman whose son he had restored to life, appealing to the king for her house and for her land. And Gehazi said, “My lord, O king, this is the woman, and this is her son whom Elisha restored to life.” 6 And when the king asked the woman, she told him. So the king appointed a certain officer for her, saying, “Restore all that was hers, and all the proceeds of the field from the day that she left the land until now.”
2. Psalm 78: 41 Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel.
INTRO: DO NOT LIMIT THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL (PART 5) GOD WILL ASSIGN SOMEONE TO YOUR CASE.
Primary Content: In What Ways Do We Limit God? Why Do We Limit God? How Do We Take Off The Limits? The Results Of A Life Without Limiting God. Some Examples From The Bible & Our Own Lives. Quick Review: In Psalm 78, We Looked At How The Hebrews Limited Their God In The Wilderness - they saw all the miracles yet doubted God. In Mark 6, they refused to accept who Christ was because He was their homeboy thus He could not do many miracles there. In 1 Kings 20, they limited God by thinking that He was God of the mountains only and not also God of the valleys and plains - grave mistake. In 1 Samuel 28, we limit God by our surrender to fear as seen with King Saul and also 1 Kings 19 shows that fear resulting from threat makes us flee in fright as with the Prophet Elijah. Today in 2 Kings 8, we limit God when we allow financial or material hardships to create doubts about God’s ability to provide for us. Be a GIVER to the cause of Christ.
LIMIT: Limit is “a point or level beyond which something does not or may not extend or pass. This is a restriction on the size or amount of something permissible or possible. Some words synonymous with limit are restrict, put in check, restrain, freeze, regulate, control, etc. God’s problem is not with the atheist, agnostic, infidel – it is with His own people who limit Him.
TALKING ABOUT GENERATIONAL WEALTH
Generational Wealth, also called family wealth or multigenerational wealth which is wealth passed down from one generation to another, is very significant. Generational Wealth Is very Biblical. 2 Cor. 12:14 After all, children should not have to save up for their parents, but parents for their children. Pro. 13:22 A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children, but the sinner’s wealth is laid up for the righteous. Generational Wealth takes many forms which can be traditions, biology, good genes. But typically, when people talk about generational wealth, they mean financial wealth that can be passed down to the next generation. The concept is that we must live and leave something behind for our children so that they do not have to start from nothing like us.
FIVE (5) WAYS IN WHICH WE BUILD GENERATIONAL WEALTH.
1. Invest In Dividend-Paying Stocks. That means you are acquiring a portion of a company that that other people work for, and they are giving you a portion of their profits. Many rich people leave such assets like hotels and businesses to the next generation.
2. Invest In Real Estate. In the old days, you needed a lot of money to invest in real estate. But thanks to advances in technology, real estate investment is available to most of us. You can buy land and house without physical cash.
3. Lend Out Money At Percentage Interest. Lending out money is one of the oldest ways to earn passive income. It’s essentially renting out your money for other people to use, and the rent you charge is known as interest rate. Community banking is one of such options.