Summary: Marriage, according to God, is the Covenant Union of a man and a woman for the purpose of committing to one another. It was never meant to be a contract. It was never meant to be a place where we bring our 50% and the other person bring their 50%. It is total commitment.
SERIES: “WOW! WHOSE BEAUTIFUL YOUNG DAUGHTER IS THAT? (PART 8) HERE COMES THE BRIDE”
1. Ruth 4:9 (Good News Translation) Then Boaz said to the leaders and all the others there, “You are all witnesses today that I have bought from Naomi everything that belonged to Elimelech and to his sons Chilion and Mahlon. 10 In addition, Ruth the Moabite, Mahlon's widow, becomes my wife. This will keep the property in the dead man's family, and his family line will continue among his people and in his hometown. You are witnesses to this today.” 11 The leaders and the others said, “Yes, we are witnesses. May the Lord make your wife become like Rachel and Leah, who bore many children to Jacob. May you become rich in the clan of Ephratah and famous in Bethlehem. 12 May the children that the Lord will give you by this young woman make your family like the family of Perez, the son of Judah and Tamar.” 13 So Boaz took Ruth home as his wife. The Lord blessed her, and she became pregnant and had a son. 14 The women said to Naomi, “Praise the Lord! He has given you a grandson today to take care of you. May the boy become famous in Israel! 15 Your daughter-in-law loves you, and has done more for you than seven sons. And now she has given you a grandson, who will bring new life to you and give you security in your old age.” 16 Naomi took the child, held him close, and took care of him. 17 The women of the neighborhood named the boy Obed. They told everyone, “A son has been born to Naomi!” Obed became the father of Jesse, who was the father of David.
2. Ruth 1:16 And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: 17 Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.
3. Ruth 2:5 Boaz asked the overseer of his harvesters, “Whose Beautiful Young Daughter Is That?”
INTRO: WOW! WHOSE BEAUTIFUL YOUNG DAUGHTER IS THAT? PART 8 HERE COMES THE BRIDE
SERIES: An Intro (God Can Change Your Story); Love Is More Than Kissing; Getting Out Of Mara – Dealing With Bitterness; Father’s Day Message - Where Did Elimelech Go Wrong?, Behold A Woman Lay At His Feet; Characteristics Of A Good Spouse (What Do People Know About You?); Who Was Boaz This Eligible Bachelor?; I Will Not Marry Ruth & Endanger My Heritage – She Is Not My Type; Be The Kinsman Redeemer In Your Family – Deal With The Family Curses; Here Comes The Bride; The Dating Game; When The Honeymoon Is Over - How Satan Attacks Christian Marriages; What Do You Do When You Realize You’ve Married The Wrong Person; The In-Laws Factor; You Can Begin Again (About Divorce Or Death); Life Without A Spouse…
GOD’S MAJOR REASONS FOR MARRIAGE
Marriage: Covenant Union Of A Man & A Woman For The Purpose Of Committing To Each Other.
1. To Populate The World: Gen. 1:28: And God blessed them; and God said to them, 'Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth.
2. To Reign & Dominate: Gen. 1:28 God blessed them and said to them, Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it.
3. To Provide Companionship: Gen. 2:24 For this cause a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
4. To Provide Proper Sexual Union: 1 Cor. 7:2-3 But because of immoralities, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband. 3 Let the husband fulfill his duty to his wife, and likewise also the wife to her husband. Pro. 5:15-19 Drink water from your own cistern, and fresh water from your own well. 16 Should your springs be dispersed abroad, Streams of water in the streets? 17 Let them be yours alone, and not for strangers with you. 18 Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice in the wife of your youth. 19 As a loving hind and a graceful doe, Let her breasts satisfy you at all times; Be exhilarated always with her love.
5. To Provide Children: Psalm 127:3, Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward.
6. To Represent Our Union With Christ: Ephesians 5:23-25 "For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. 24 But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything. 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her."