Summary: Now we see that here that God is speaking directly with the priests. What is here said of the covenant of priesthood is true of the covenant of grace made with all believers, as spiritual priests
Sermon Series on Malachi #3
Do I honor God? Part 2
Now we see that here that God is speaking directly with the priests. What is here said of the covenant of priesthood is true of the covenant of grace made with all believers, as spiritual priests. It is a covenant of life and peace;(verse 5) it assures all believers of all happiness, both in this world and in that to come. It is an honor to God’s servants to be employed as his messengers.
I. Lets look at things that they were not doing.
1. They did not listen to God. Verse 2
2. They were not taking Gods commandments to heart. Verse 2
3. They were no longer instructing the people. Verse 7
II. Now lets look at how Levi kept all these things. 4-6
1. Levi listened to God. Verse 6 he walked with me in peace.
2. Levi took God commandments to heart. Verse 5
3. Levi instructed the people. Verse 6 Law of truth was in his mouth.
III. Do you keep all these things?
1. Do you listen to God on a daily basis?
b. Do you pause after your prayer and give God time to speak to you?
2. Do you take God’s commandments to heart?
b. deutronmy 4
3. Do you instruct your families?