Summary: The need for an Attitude of Visionary Faith in order to take hold of Gods inheritance
To serve Gods Purpose in your own Generation
“For when David had served God`s purpose in his own Generation, he fell asleep … Acts 13:36
There are only 3 kind of people in the World:
1. Those, who do not know, what is happening in the World
2.Those, who know, what is happening in the World
3.Those, who make things happen in the World
1.Asbest-Christians – they resist any fire of God in their life
2.Oil-Cloth-Christians – they produce a lot of smoke, but no real fire is coming up
3.Petrol-Christians – One Spark of the love of God is enough for them to start burning with Passion for God and his Kingdom
It is not my task, to judge, where YOU stand – that you have ( 2 Corinthians 13:5) to discern for yourself. – But I want to challenge you today to rise above a halfhearted Christian-life and to become a Christian, who makes Heaven shout for joy (1 Corinthians 4:9) and hell tremble in fear. (Ephesians 3:10)
· In the Shaddow of a pomegranate tree like Saul? (1 Samuel 14:2) -> a little more rest, a little more slumber- Sleeping Saints
· Hiding away in Caves and Thickets, among the Rocks, and in Pits and Cisterns? ( 1 Samuel 13:6) – selfcentered, only concerned for their own little world.
· Men with an Attitude of Faith – like Jonathan and his Armour-bearer (1 Samuel 14:1 + 6-10
Jonathan Edwards: The Obligation of every Generation is to understand what God is doing and then to do it together with Him!
God has a perfect Plan for our Life ( my personal Illustrations: Trip to Italy / Book: “My Son is a Thief!”)
We need to KNOW what God has made us for and pursue that Plan with all our might!
· (A pen is made to write with – a washing-maschine is made to wash clothes ->>>BUT WE CAN CHOOSE TO MISS-USE THEM!!!)
· Our Lives have been designed by God for a specific purpose (Ephesians 2:10) ->>>BUT WE CAN CHOOSE TO MISS-USE THEM!!!)
God is blessing HIS Plans – not necessarily ours. I read these days the following Quotation:
“If you belong to the people of God, you need to be constantly living on the edge of His will – otherwise you are taking up to much space!” -- Unknown
“… the men of Issachar, who understood the times and knew, what Israel should do -- 1 Chronicles 12:32
· Do you understand the times in which we live?
· Do you understand what God is doing in the World?
· Do you understand what the Will of God is - for this Generation? – for your Family? - for your City? - for your Church?
WE NEED TO SEE THINGS FROM GODS PERSPECTIVE!!!
What can we learn from Jonathan?
1. Jonathan knows His God! He knows, with God NOTHING is impossible! (14:6)
2. Jonathan has a super partner – his armourbearer ( 14:6-7 + 13-14). We have the Holy spirit and a lot of fellow-christians to partner with us (Husbands have their wifes!!!)