Summary: • This week on want to discuss with you about setting up some Biblical Boundaries. Establishing some guidelines for healthy living. • In order to live holy, separated and acceptable unto God, we must set the boundaries found in the Word of God. • By do
• This week on want to discuss with you about setting up some Biblical Boundaries. Establishing some guidelines for healthy living.
• In order to live holy, separated and acceptable unto God, we must set the boundaries found in the Word of God.
• By doing so, you protect and guard your godly decisions, which place you on the path to your godly destination.
• The road you travel depends on the boundaries you establish based in the Word.
• No boundaries lead to a life that is out of control and destined for hell.
o Highway to hell by AC/DC…no stop signs, no speed limits...leads to destruction.
• Boundaries are like a road map. You can’t get to where you want to go without planning. Otherwise, you won’t know when you arrive. Boundaries get you where God wants you to be.
• Biblical boundaries guide you to the destination of Godly promises.
• Let us see what the Bible has to say about Biblical Boundaries.
(NKJV) Galatians 5 13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!
(Message) Galatians 5 13-15 It is absolutely clear that God has called you to a free life. Just make sure that you don't use this freedom as an excuse to do whatever you want to do and destroy your freedom. Rather, use your freedom to serve one another in love; that's how freedom grows. For everything we know about God's Word is summed up in a single sentence: Love others as you love yourself. That's an act of true freedom. If you bite and ravage each other, watch out—in no time at all you will be annihilating each other, and where will your precious freedom be then?
1) Healthy Christian Boundaries
a) Shout… Jesus help me create healthy boundaries from your Word.
b) Let’s define a boundary as something that indicates a border or a limit.
c) When you draw a physical boundary, it can be seen; it separates one area from another. (i.e. – a fence or a block wall in a neighborhood)
i) It is difficult to see boundaries in the spiritual realm.
d) God has boundaries in His Word and He has given us rules to live by.
i) These rules or boundaries activate the promises of God in your life.
e) In today’s society, boundaries are being eliminated, uprooted and discarded. (i.e. Prayer taken out of schools, 10 Commandments being removed)
i) Where there are no boundaries, there is bondage.
ii) Place boundaries around your good decisions.
iii) Boundaries promote true freedom; however, Satan will try to use your emotions to destroy your boundaries.
f) When we allow our liberty to surpass the boundaries we have set, chaos and bondage are inevitable.
i) God has given you freedom; however, you must not use it to sin
ii) Sin begins in the mind. It starts off as an idea or a whisper from Satan. Don’t bite the bait of Satan.