Summary: God's Word Settled
Psalm 119:89-96. Settled in Heaven
I. The Permanence of Gods Word (89-91)
A. Why 89 For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
B. Where 1. In the Glory - in heaven 2. On the Globe 90 - Thy faithfulness is unto all generations:
C. When - Now
91 - They continue this day according to thine ordinances:
II. The Protection of Gods Word
92 Unless thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction.
III. The Power of Gods Word - To Save Him - How It:
1. Quickened His Faith - 93 I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me.
2. Quelled His Foes -
94 I am thine, save me; for I have sought thy precepts.
IV. The Perfection of Gods Word
96 I have seen an end of all perfection:
but thy commandment is exceeding broad.
God's Word is permanent,
It offers us protection, power, and peace.
· That it is settled in its source—(Ps. 119:89)
· That it is satisfying in its content—(Jer. 15:16)
· That it is sure in its promises—(Jer, 1:12)
· That it is soul saving in its certainty—(James 1:21)
· That it is safe in its guidance—(Ps. 119:105)
· That it is sanctifying in its influence—(1 Tim. 4:5)
· That it is supreme in Gods estimation—(Ps. 138:2)